Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Corey's 33 Build

Post Thanks / Like

Corey's 33 Build

After ordering my kit in October of 2021, delivery day has finally arrived !!
    20220527_092858.jpg20220527_104132.jpg
    Stewart Transport could not deliver to my door due to the narrowness of my road so I had to finish the last 3 miles of the trip from Factory Five in Wareham MA. to my home in Tucson AZ.
    I will start inventory tomorrow, but a quick look at my POL doesn't look too bad. We will see.
    Looking forward to getting started. Wish me luck.

Corey

2. Likes narly1, Iziks, peterh226, HVACMAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, looks like you've got plenty of room to work.

Lay out your order, and your build plan, if you would, those of us lacking funds have to live vicariously through you guys with more money!

Post Thanks / Like

Waiting on my POL and engine turning

Have been trying to work around my POL. I have drilled the floors and firewall, installed the front suspension and have gotten to the point where I am needing the front spindles and bushings for the IRS center section so that work is on hold for now.

20220613_095657.jpg

I decided to try to learn a new skill with engine turning (sorry about picture orientation). You can probably see some of my trial / learning pieces in the background. I don't think it turned out too bad for my first attempt.

20220701_124126.jpg

Next up will be brake lines then probably the fuel lines and tank fitment. I don't want to install the tank permanently because I think it will get in the way with the IRS install.

Post Thanks / Like
    What type of trimming did you have to do to get the body to fit well? Mine seems too far forward from the firewall and looks like I need to trim the frame where the body and frame seem to make contact inside the rear part of the door well

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Engine turn looks good. What method did you use on it?

7. Thanks CoreyB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Iziks

The only trimming I had to do were on a couple of spots where the upper rail meets the body. The body wanted to push the firewall away from the frame so I notched the body so it would clear the welds at the Upper rail / firewall frame joint and pushed the body back about 1/8"-1/4". This allowed the firewall to sit flush to the frame.

20220702_134941.jpg

20220702_134948.jpg

I haven't had any issues with the body / frame anywhere else

9. Thanks Iziks thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Salty Chief

The firewall was done on a 12" drill press. I used 2" twist lock fiber sanding disks from Harbor Freight. I set up a 2" side to side spacing with a 1" overlap top to bottom and used a lot of WD-40 to keep the disc from burning the aluminum. The only area I had to use a battery drill and template was where the panels join together to keep the swirls consistent from one panel to the next.

11. Thanks Salty Chief 35 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I will check that option

Post Thanks / Like
    I made sure that the body cleared the frame everywhere it is not attached. Let the glass float a little and other panels will provide the stiffness. You want the body attached, not rubbing.
    - Peterh226 #1134
    '33 Hot Rod 2nd Gen. Blueprint 383 Sniper TKO Delivered 4/14/2019
    Full Fenders, Top, 3-Link, Wilwoods
    YOKOHAMA ADVAN NEOVA AD08 R | Fr 245/45 R17 | Rr 295/30 R18
    AR605 Torq-Thrust M Chrome | Fr 17x8 | Rr 18x10

14. Thanks Iziks thanked for this post