Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Solid Rack Bushings

Post Thanks / Like

Solid Rack Bushings

I decided to put solid bushings on my PS rack. The car is already in go cart stage. Any tips on installation and adjustment. I have read the instructions, which indicate, I might have to do some grinding for clearance for the new rack location.
    I was not having any issues. I made the mistake of reading Mark's flier on the bushings when I ordered a gas tank grommet.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    I mounted mine offset to the passenger side to try and centre the rack in the car. Stock it is off set to the drivers side.
    I have since read a different way to centre the rack which is to simply move the steering until the inner ends of the rack measure centred in the car, then use steering limiters to prevent rub on the side that now has too much travel. If I were doing it again I’d use the offset bushings to drop the rack down all the way and use instructions above to centre it.

Lowering the rack is supposed to reduce bumpsteer.

I’ll probably change my setup when I do something else major to the front end that requires alignment again, or just a winter project.
    2017 FFR MK4 9026, 3 Link, 15" FFR halibrands, cooper cobra tires, '88 302/5.0, GT40 Y303 heads, Performer RPM intake Manifold, Holley 650 DP Carb, Pertronix distributor, T5Z spec built transmission, 3.73 rear end. Ordered Nov 2016, picked up at FFR Feb 2017, first start July 2017, Legal on the road May 2018, still in Gelcoat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply. I finally woke up and did a search, probably everything I need already discussed.
    I hope I can get them swapped out without pulling the radiator.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.