Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 25th Anniversary Roadster Details Announced

Post Thanks / Like

25th Anniversary Roadster Details Announced

A little surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Factory Five provided details of the 25th Anniversary Roadster on their website today. Already available for sale. Some interesting things there. Discuss.

https://www.factoryfive.com/whats-ne...dster-preview/
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really love the seats... Wondering if I could get the same company to make a set for the 20th.... I'm not sure about the wheels I really like the Halibrand style. Regardless, I'm sure when it is all together it will look great... The 25th special Brake calipers are kinda cool, surprised they didn't go with a matching color to the chassis...
    Last edited by BadAsp427; 08-08-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm surprised it wasn't post here too.. to put it mildly.

I see they got to all the social media sites...

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    33% sold so far. I like the dash and seats. Not too keen on the wheels. The body mods are a nice update and I wonder if they'll make those mods available for non-anniversary purchases at some point?
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    any idea if the serial numbers are going to start with 10000 they must be close... its an amazing accomplishment 10,000 kits in 25 years.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm just glad that they finally addressed the rear wheel arch and license plate issues.
    Heck, these mistakes caused me to shorten the wheel base about 3/4" and go with a different license plate solution.

https://youtu.be/CaRlqMmKIzk

Now if they'd just offer an LS option, then all would be right with the world.
    Here is the engine that would truly make the car a total push rod based beast, looks Ford-Ish plus makes over 525 ponies.
    It even sports a SBF style distributor up front that fits a Ford 289/302 mill so you guys see my point of looking Ford-Ish.

https://paceperformance.com/i-238424...ve-covers.html

Sorry Gang, But I Suffer From Perfect Square Syndrome & The Rear Wheel Arch Centering Issue Needed To Be Done Years Ago!
    I am so glad that they cleaned up these issues so hopefully the driver's door boo-boo is finally is addressed too.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 08-09-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
    any idea if the serial numbers are going to start with 10000 they must be close... its an amazing accomplishment 10,000 kits in 25 years.
    I believe it's more like ~9000 +-. Production chassis numbers started at at 1000(1?). Plus there was a time during the transition from MKII to MKIII where the frame naming scheme changed and some numbers were duplicated. I don't know if anyone has ever worked it out on the forums the "official" production run total #10000 represents.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have to face a very sad reality that once again, and for the second time, I'm going to miss out on an anniversary car. Paul (edwardb), my brother, and 33 others would agree that these are special cars. It breaks my heart that I can't have one.

I was proud to build my brother's 15th anniversary. So here goes. If anyone wants to buy this:

...for $53,690 I'm putting it up for sale TODAY - 8/89/2019 - ONLY.

By the end of the day I think there is a good chance all the 25th anniversary cars will be gone.

If you're not a tall guy I'll throw in a new set of leather seats. With tracks if needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa View Post
    ...The body mods are a nice update and I wonder if they'll make those mods available for non-anniversary purchases at some point?
    Based on what Dave told me a few weeks ago if all roadsters aren't being shipped with those changes already they will be as soon as the stock of non-updated bodies is depleted.

I'm already committed to doing 25th Anniversary Serial Number 1 for the Ohio Cobra Club's 2020 London Cobra Show raffle car and just had a message this morning inquiring about performing body & paint from a buyer who placed an Anniversary car order yesterday. As Dave & Dave (Hodgkins & "Papa") said the 25th cars are probably not going to last long!

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure glad they have finally fixed the body.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see that FFR continues to evolve. Can’t wait to see the first one completed.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I should have waited another month for the new body, mine showed up yesterday, #9960

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    I'm surprised it wasn't post here too.. to put it mildly.

I see they got to all the social media sites...
    Sorry guys! We posted this late in the day yesterday, and Dave wanted to get a video added to the post before we pushed it here on the forum. We did a Facebook live video going over the Anniversary car this morning, have it uploaded to YouTube, and everything is now posted here on the forum. Click here to view all the features of the 25th Anniversary Mk4 Roadster!
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    If that dash is available separately I think I wouldn't mind redoing mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It appears there will be no offer for ol' 5369* today so I am officially rescinding my offer.

You guys have no idea what opportunity you just missed.

And I didn't really want to sell it anyway.

So Meh.

* Get it?

16. Likes SSNK4US liked this post