Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coyote Heater by-pass 90 Quick Connect Part #/ O2 Sensor wire extension

Post Thanks / Like

Coyote Heater by-pass 90 Quick Connect Part #/ O2 Sensor wire extension

Accidentally broke the locking mechanism on one of the 90 degree heater bypass quick connectors for my Coyote. I ordered one online that appeared to be the same but it won’t slide down over the output stem on the Coyote far enough to lock in place. It would be a connector like either one in the right side of the picture on the end of the heater hoses. Anyone know the correct part number?

Also any recommendations on where to order an O2 wire extension for the passenger side? Need about 18”. I have a gen 2 Coyote with five wires.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Cruzzz; 08-10-2019 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Edited to reflect passenger versus drivers side
    MKIV #9542 Complete Kit, Coyote, IRS - Delivered - 2/19/19, First start - 9/8/19, Go Cart - 9/14/19
    1965 Mustang Convertible 4v 289
    Build Thread HERE

Post Thanks / Like
    I pulled the cover off mine, but could not see any part number for the quick connects. I have an idea on where you can get it. Maybe you already checked this, but can you get at the service manual? That should have all the parts identified on it. Unless they changed the part for the Gen 3 engine, whatever quick connect you get from Ford should fit, I would think.

I'm curious why you need an extra 18 inches on your O2 sensor. If we're talking about the same part (UEGO), you should have plenty of wire to connect it to either a J pipe of a header port. I had extra and needed to tie it off on the DS F panel. My version of the control pack instructions caution against lengthening that wire as "doing so will adversely affect the sensor..." Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't.

Sorry - I probably wasn't much help here.
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    Hah! I had to reread my own post. I meant the passenger side O2 sensor. I have GASN straight headers. The wire off the sensor makes it to the top front corner of the passenger foot box but the female connector it needs to plug into is on the back corner of the engine. 10-12” would connect them but a little more length will allow me to tuck it away a bit.
    MKIV #9542 Complete Kit, Coyote, IRS - Delivered - 2/19/19, First start - 9/8/19, Go Cart - 9/14/19
    1965 Mustang Convertible 4v 289
    Build Thread HERE

Post Thanks / Like
    The heater hose connections are Gates part number 28504. I bought some on RockAuto. But now see they're on Amazon. Probably others. While I'm posting, I did have a question about your heater hose routing. I'm not familiar with that particular heater control valve. My Coupe as an electronic valve that's completely different. But my question is one of the inlets shows an arrow pointing into the valve. I assume this is the intended flow direction? That particular hose is coming from the LH (driver) side of the engine. If you look at a Coyote cooling system diagram, the coolant on that side is flowing into the connection at the front of the engine. That would seem the opposite direction intended for the valve. The RH (passenger) side of the engine is flowing out and would seem the appropriate hose for the inlet of the valve. Kind of messes up the symmetry of your connections, but something to check IMO.

For O2 sensor connections, I haven't purchased any. But I see Caspers Electronics mentioned all the time as a source. Check this one: http://www.casperselectronics.com/ca...product_id=960. Other lengths also available. Summit sells this brand as well, although I didn't see if they have the ones you might need.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.