Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Info on carbed crate motor in New Jersey

Post Thanks / Like

Info on carbed crate motor in New Jersey

Getting ready to pull the trigger on purchase of Type 65 Coupe kit. Was planning on getting complete drivetrain from Blueprint. Has anyone recently gone a similar route in Jersey recently. How did it go with the DMV inspection?

Post Thanks / Like
    You're going to need to contact your local DMV and get a list of requirements. I HAVE sold guys in New Jersey Engines...but the laws are always changing so better safe than sorry!
    Check out our crate engine offerings at www.factoryfiveengines.com
    Give us a call at 1.800.483.4263

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BluePrintEngines View Post
    You're going to need to contact your local DMV and get a list of requirements. I HAVE sold guys in New Jersey Engines...but the laws are always changing so better safe than sorry!
    Emission and title in NJ are according to the date of the engine block. If I were to buy a drivetrain setup from you, would it be possible to request a pre 1975 block to avoid having to install converters?
    Thanks for your reply, and I look forward to doing business soon

Post Thanks / Like
    This is where things get tricky, as i have had other jersey customers tell me 1995 and older is what they were held to. assuming we're talking about the 306, or 347, we only use roller cams, so our builds can only utilize factory roller blocks, which could be 85-95. Our builds do come with a PCV valve in the complete package form. You're welcome to give me a ring anytime and we can talk a few options.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BluePrintEngines View Post
    This is where things get tricky, as i have had other jersey customers tell me 1995 and older is what they were held to. assuming we're talking about the 306, or 347, we only use roller cams, so our builds can only utilize factory roller blocks, which could be 85-95. Our builds do come with a PCV valve in the complete package form. You're welcome to give me a ring anytime and we can talk a few options.
    Thanks, who should I ask for when I call? Also, because I'm trying to keep somewhat of a reasonable budget, I was looking at the iron head 302

Post Thanks / Like
    Johnny for anything FFR related.

308 236 1010

7. Thanks RandyNJ thanked for this post