Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Speedhut Gauge (Voltage Gauge) Just went crazy

Post Thanks / Like

Speedhut Gauge (Voltage Gauge) Just went crazy

Out on my daily drive and my Speedhut voltage gauge went crazy. I just sent this video to the Speedhut customer service for them to assist as their customer service is always awesome. Has anyone here had this happen to them? FYI, this video is what it does with / without the engine running. Voltage is fine, just not seeing it on the gauge. It was fine on my drive with it yesterday...

Oh, and please enjoy the frog serenade toward the end of the video... lots of them out here in the country...

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds par for the course. I'm sure they'll exchange it if it's defective. I've had a less than stellar experience with my Speed Hut gauges. The oil pressure gauge works about 90% of the time, at times will not read any pressure or randomly drop to zero. Near impossible to diagnose an issue because it works most of the time. Lately my GPS speedometer has been losing a signal for 5 to 10 minutes at a time. My speedometer works about 99% of the time.