Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Russ Thompson Turn Signal Switch Problem

Post Thanks / Like

Russ Thompson Turn Signal Switch Problem

I am using the Russ Thompson turn signal switch on my 289 FIA. All the lights work with the exception of the right turn signal. Some time back, I recall someone else having this issue and sharing the solution in the Forum. I cannot for the life of me find that post. Can anyone help me with the solution to this problem? Thank you. Joel

Post Thanks / Like
    Another try. Anyone? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    First check you connections on the wires make sure that are good. Some times the contacts inside the arm don't make a connection you might have to pull it apart and put some dielectric grease on the contacts. I had problem with the left signal not coming on. Opened it up and made sure when the arm moved it made good contact. Look it up on UTube for Karmann Ghia turn signal repair. They are rebuilt units from him so they may need some attention. Call Russ if you have a problem he is always willing to help.
    MKIV #9122 Ordered kit 5/24/17 received kit 8/11/17 MK4 Base kit +,First Start 4/7/18, First Go-Cart 4/22/18, In gelcoat, licensed and driving 8/11/18. Coyote gen2, T-56, 2015 IRS 3.31, 17" Halibrand replicas w/Nitto NT555 G2, Withby Motorcars power brake kit W/Wilwood pedals, 04 Cobra front brakes, 15 Mustang rear brakes with mods, power steering. Paint Jeff Miller Da Bat, Lexus Spectra Blue Mica W/Toyota Silver Sky Metallic strips. Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Paul2STL-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Joel
    Assuming the connections on the RT turn signal are solid: If you used the supplied electronic trailer module with 3 input wires to 2 output wires, those often fail. I bought a powered one and that failed on me also with only 1000 miles. I went back to the diodes. Only problem with those are when you have a turn signal on, and you step on the brakes, the turn signals cancel with only the brake lights illuminated. This mod is only for the rear lights. If the front turn doesn’t work then it’s something else.

Sorry for the late reply. I just saw the thread

Last edited by Vspeeds; 08-30-2019 at 09:22 AM.
    build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-USRRC-vspeeds

Build School: July 14-16, 2017
    Kit purchased: July 25, 2017
    Kit delivered: September 13, 2017
    First Start: December 22, 2018
    Body painted and kit completed and drivable: July 2019 (but still not done)
    CA SB100 Registration: January 2020

Mk4 - 289 USRRC Roadster kit, Roush 427SR with Schneider Racing custom camshaft, Fitech EFI, TKO600 (.64-5th gear), 15" wheels, stock brake calipers, under car exhaust with Spintech 7000 muffler, no roll bar, Russ Thompson turn signal, removable steering wheel, and many other small upgrades and modifications

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a problem with one front turn signal. It took me hours, verifying the setup and connections, looking for the problem. Turned out the problem was with the FFR supplies wiring harness. Where the front harness plugged into the main harness, the green and tan wires at the harness coupling plug were backwards. Green in = tan out and vise-versa.
    Last edited by Ducky2009; 08-30-2019 at 07:49 PM.
    MK4 Build #9035 Delivered 2/17/17, First Start & Go-Kart 6/2/17, Licensed 9/1/17
    Paint - Lightning Blue Metallic, No Hood Scoop, No Stripes
    Gen 2 Coyote Engine & TKO-600. Solid Axle, 8.8-3.55, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Roll Bars
    Heater and Glove Box, Drop Trunk, Wipers, Radio, FFR Vintage Gauges, Custom Dash
    Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-Build-9035