Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Overflow Tank

Post Thanks / Like

Overflow Tank

Hello all, it's been some time. I have a question regarding the overflow tank. The tank has two threaded ports on the bottom and only comes with one (1) fitting that has a long tube, presume this is the outlet to atmosphere?. The other does not have a fitting supplied and I assume it's the fed from the radiator fill cap. What have you all done for these fittins and the plumbing?

Thanks for help in advance.

Michael
    Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikes35 View Post
    Hello all, it's been some time. I have a question regarding the overflow tank. The tank has two threaded ports on the bottom and only comes with one (1) fitting that has a long tube, presume this is the outlet to atmosphere?. The other does not have a fitting supplied and I assume it's the fed from the radiator fill cap. What have you all done for these fittins and the plumbing?

Thanks for help in advance.
    Michael
    Hi Michael,

You should have 2 fittings, one with a long tube. The short one will have the overflow hose coming from the radiator cap assembly and will fill the reservoir as the coolant expands. The other one (with the long tube) is the overflow for the reservoir itself. Insert that from the bottom and attach a short piece of hose to it that leads down so if it can drip on the ground.

IMG_0990.JPG IMG_0994.JPG IMG_0993.JPG
    As a note, you'll probably need to put some pipe sealant or Teflon tape on the threads before you screw the fittings in...ask me how I know
    I got some Gasolia pipe thread sealant.

Good luck,
    Frank
    Last edited by FLFrank35; 08-26-2020 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Added picture

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Frank! I was wondering why the other fittings I found were in another box, UGH Your tank seems much larger than mine. This is the location I chose to mount it. I'm trying to keep the firewall as clean as possible.

IMG_2646.jpg
    Michael