Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: SN95 Valve Covers Help

Someday Is Today !
    Post Thanks / Like

SN95 Valve Covers Help

Has anyone been successful finding OR using fox-body valve covers OR aftermarkets on their SN95 build?
    No amount of cleaning or paint make the factory ones appealing.
    I've spent hours online and on both forums to no real answers.
    Every brand seems to specify Not For EFI application when it comes to the 1994-95 models.
    My engine build is a rebuilt stock 302 EFI. Thanks!
    Last edited by Canuk14; 08-15-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you go to an Explorer or aftermarket intake there are lots of possibilities with pedestal mount heads. If you go stud mount heads you are more limited but there are still plenty of choices. Maybe the issue is the OEM intake is too close to the valve covers?
    Explorer intakes are cheap and a good upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I bought tall chromed, stamped Stella covers on eBay, there are blacK Powdercoated ones on there now for $35. Or you can get cast cobra ones from Tony Branda for $275
    “Privateer”
    289 USRRC Chassis #9188 p/u 9/11/2017 Go kart 3/18/2018, road legal 6/16/2018
    Ford full roller 306 built by my son and me Holley Sniper EFI
    TKO600 2015 IRS 3:55. 17” FFR Hallibrand replicas, Power steering
    FFR Vintage instruments, Wipers and Heat/defrost
    Lots of parts and advice from Mike Forte & Mark Reynolds (Breeze Automotive)

Post Thanks / Like
    For what it's worth: I was able to install 1988 5.0 EFI valve covers on a Ford Performance Parts 302 crate engine. That engine uses wide aluminum roller rockers. The 1988 valve covers hit the roller rockers at the corners, but by drilling and grinding out the section that interfered, and a little mod to the breather baffle, I got them to work. All of this was necessary to get the intake manifold as low as possible on my Gen II Type 65, which has very limited clearance for EFI intakes. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just measured an OEM and Explorer intake and the clearance to the valve covers is the same. I still advocate using an Explorer intake and if you use a spacer between the upper and lower you should be able to use a tall valve cover.

Post Thanks / Like
    Before I picked up a Trick Flow Top End Kit I was going to use the original valve covers. I was going to glass bead blast them possibly adding some kind of design onto the metal during blasting. Ford Racing or Factory Five Racing or other. I was also going to make my own cover plate on the intake manifold with a custom design but never got there as I've got the TF valve covers and intake manifold.

I've got a set of original valve covers for the shipping if anyone is interested.

George

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to Summitt racing and do a search based on year / make / model. That should get you some EFI versions. They make the Cobra lettered valve covers in carb or EFI.

Here are 6 choices. I searched in Summit for "Cobra valve cover EFI".

https://www.summitracing.com/search?...%20cover%20EFI

Someday Is Today !
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. i double checked your link. The issue always comes back to the 1994 EFI (SN95). 86-93, no issues.

Someday Is Today !
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that resource. I've inquired with Tony Branda. Waiting for a quote to ship up here to Canada.

Update: looks like somewhere between $500-600CAD delivered to Ontario including shipping, taxes and unknown duties and UPS brokerage fees. Sigh :-(
    Last edited by Canuk14; 08-16-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a search narrowed to 1994 Mustang.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/...rder=Ascending

What is so different about the SN95 valve covers? $500 - $600???? Is Tony hand delivering them?

Post Thanks / Like
    These are stock cast aluminum 87-93 Mustang valve covers on a 94 style engine. Oil cap stem is tight, but it works. I payed $30 to have them polished out a few years ago.

20130120_161329_zps738f4009 by i.e.427, on Flickr

20130120_161319_zpsf5360ddd by i.e.427, on Flickr

12. Likes GWL liked this post