BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Saskatchewan FFRs??

Post Thanks / Like

Saskatchewan FFRs??

Anyone here, or know of someone, in SK that could tell me about the process?? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an 818 registered in 'toon

Post Thanks / Like
    There's one in Dog River. By the Corner Gas.
    FFR 35 p/u # 0014
    I used to think I needed a Rolex watch, now I’d be happier with a Swedish K!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KenWilkinson View Post
    Haha.

I forgot about this post since I never got a response. I suppose I should have updated it to say there's a roadster registered in Melfort area now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you have any significant issues getting it registered?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KenWilkinson View Post
    Ok a joke, but stream "Corner Gas" on prime for a treat. we
    FFR 35 p/u # 0014
    I used to think I needed a Rolex watch, now I’d be happier with a Swedish K!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you talked to Ryan Valin? he is a wealth of info for FFR kits in Canada, helps get you the parts needed to complete a "canadian kit" as well.

https://www.facebook.com/valinscustomcars/

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

8. Likes AJT '33 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Ryan is a wealth of information.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BLES View Post
    Did you have any significant issues getting it registered?
    It was pretty straight forward, Get in contact with SGI and let them know what you are building, they will put you in contact with someone at Vehicle Standards & Inspections. They want to come see it before you take it for inspection, preferably before the body is on so they can see the suspension. Do not modify the chassis, they are ok with what Factory Five has built, if you change something you will need an engineer to stamp off on it. When you have it ready to be inspected, they come give it a SK VIN number.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
    It was pretty straight forward, Get in contact with SGI and let them know what you are building, they will put you in contact with someone at Vehicle Standards & Inspections. They want to come see it before you take it for inspection, preferably before the body is on so they can see the suspension. Do not modify the chassis, they are ok with what Factory Five has built, if you change something you will need an engineer to stamp off on it. When you have it ready to be inspected, they come give it a SK VIN number.
    Thanks. Maybe this will be useful to me in the future, or to someone else searching here. I bought a mostly completed roadster in another province and now have it licensed in SK.. If you see a dark grey/black stripes roadster... that's me!

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw a roadster on Circle Drive in Saskatoon a couple of weeks ago. It was dark colored. I was so excited to see one that I missed any details of it! Have only ever seen that one and one other that was being driven in gelcoat in town.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GT-SK View Post
    I saw a roadster on Circle Drive in Saskatoon a couple of weeks ago. It was dark colored. I was so excited to see one that I missed any details of it! Have only ever seen that one and one other that was being driven in gelcoat in town.
    Unfortunately it wasn't me. Mine is grey with black stripes, pipes, bars, etc.. If you ever see me, stop and say hi.
    BLES

Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't born in Melfort but moved there at age 6, then moved at 19 to Calgary, then Winnipeg, then Edmonton until 1999 then to Texas forever! I built 2 cars from the ground up at my dad's shop in 64 and 65. A 1953 Old Rocket 88 and 1952 Chevrolet Business Coupe with a wicked 301 Chevy with fuelie heads and cross ram offy manifold with dual 660 CFM Holleys. Then bought a new 78 Silver Anniversary Corvette and put an LS7 454 in it with a modified turbo 400 with L-88 converter and kept it for over 10 years. Then finally built a 33 FFR with a Coyote, it's faster than anything else I have ever owned and more civilized!
    I've been back to my old stomping grounds several times duck hunting, fishing up the Lac La Ronge area and a 25th class reunion, everybody was so old!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BLES View Post
    Unfortunately it wasn't me. Mine is grey with black stripes, pipes, bars, etc.. If you ever see me, stop and say hi.
    BLES
    It might have been that colour. Passed on the other side of Circle and was so excited to see one. Would like to see how tight they are some time. I'm 6'3 and worried that my office-hardened body wouldn't fit!

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe that the best fishing in the world is in LaRonge and north of there!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Would like to see how tight they are some time. I'm 6'3 and worried that my office-hardened body wouldn't fit!
    Definitely not roomy cars, but...
    Mine is a mk3.1. I swapped out the Kirkey racing seats for the traditional leather roadster seats and I think it has less available room now. I'm 5'8"/175 so it works for me. PM me your number and if I'm in 'toon some day, I'll text you and you can try it on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes we fished a lot of lakes up there, some were East Trout Lake, Black Lake near Uranium City, Lake Deschambles near Flin Flon, MB and others like Candle Lake, where my parents had a lake cottage. My dad had several aircraft and that was the only way into most of the lakes.

19. Likes GT-SK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw a Mk4 on 8th street in Saskatoon last night. Looked like still in red gelcoat. Is that someone here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It might have been that colour. Passed on the other side of Circle and was so excited to see one. Would like to see how tight they are some time. I'm 6'3 and worried that my office-hardened body wouldn't fit!
    6'6", 320lbs, size 16 shoe. There are some very easy "tweeks" you can do during the build to give yourself up to ~4" additional legroom and ~2" of "headroom". Kirkey racing seats, wilwood adjustable pedals with adjustable pads, russ thompson gas pedal (add "z" bend to move it away from brake pedal), removable wheel(nice but not req'd), spacers under pillow block to raise wheel, SBF with straight-wall driver's footbox.

When I "tried on" other's cars before building mine I couldn't close the driver's door! I decided to build anyway and took a leap of faith it would work. Glad I did!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

22. Likes GT-SK, AJT '33 liked this post