BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Any FFR MK IV owners near Atlanta?

Post Thanks / Like

Any FFR MK IV owners near Atlanta?

Anyone near Atlanta, or Suwanee to be specific? I would really appreciate an opportunity to chat about your build experience, perhaps look at the car, and ask some questions? My kit is getting built as we speak, and I am on a crash course to learn as much as possible before I break out the angle grinder ))

Beer of your choice is one me, or a diet Pepsi )) Whatever you prefer. Anyone would be kind to share their experience?

Tnx
    Alex

Post Thanks / Like
    My kit is also being built as we speak. I live in the southern Atlanta burbs.

Wareaglescott has a beautiful car in Auburn, he let me check it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by delta0014 View Post
    My kit is also being built as we speak. I live in the southern Atlanta burbs.

Wareaglescott has a beautiful car in Auburn, he let me check it out.
    I was wondering if we can figure something out an d save on shipping cost. Mine is due for completion middle of October. I will send you a PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya I am down in Auburn Al if you are into a couple hour road trip.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_V View Post
    I was wondering if we can figure something out an d save on shipping cost. Mine is due for completion middle of October. I will send you a PM.
    If y'all have a way to haul two kits and drive up together. We've had a pretty active group in the past but life gets in the way and we haven't had any mountain runs in quite a while.

Not MKIV's but there is a Challenge Series Roadster and a Coupe(mine) in Flowery Branch.

And how can you suggest Pepsi in Atlanta?!?!?!?!?
    Tim.

Knowledge is good-Faber.

I'm so broke I can hardly pay attention-Me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’d love to see the coupe sometime, I seriously considered doing that instead of the roadster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    Ya I am down in Auburn Al if you are into a couple hour road trip.
    I am game for a road trip if thats ok. I will PM you. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimC View Post
    If y'all have a way to haul two kits and drive up together. We've had a pretty active group in the past but life gets in the way and we haven't had any mountain runs in quite a while.

Not MKIV's but there is a Challenge Series Roadster and a Coupe(mine) in Flowery Branch.

And how can you suggest Pepsi in Atlanta?!?!?!?!?
    That is funny about the Pepsi.....in Atlanta we drink Coke, Fly Delta and shop at Home Depot! lol
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

9. Likes TimC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try sending a message to Ducky2009. He is out your way. I am in Marietta and building a coupe.
    Gen 3 Coupe, Gen 2 Coyote, Wilwoods, IRS, Power Steering, AC JDAVIS500 Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    A few miles away in Charleston SC area... Welcome to show off if you are ever in this area... I do make it down to Savannah occasionally as well.

HRPT2019v1.jpg
    Photo taken during the 2019 Hot Rod Power Tour

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAsp427 View Post
    A few miles away in Charleston SC area... Welcome to show off if you are ever in this area... I do make it down to Savannah occasionally as well.

HRPT2019v1.jpg
    Photo taken during the 2019 Hot Rod Power Tour
    I go to Charleston from time to time. My buddy keeps his sailboat out there. Perhaps I can ping you next time I head that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kind of a silly question - I am starting to look into building a cradle for the body, and something to slide the frame on. Perhaps someone had finished their build and would be interested in selling their cradle / dolly?

Post Thanks / Like
    Kind of a silly question - I am starting to look into building a cradle for the body, and something to slide the frame on. Perhaps someone had finished their build and would be interested in selling their cradle / dolly?
    Hit me up if you want to come to the Charleston area to get it... I've got a body buck and chassis dolly. Check out this LINK or the first few entry's in my build thread below to see them. I'd want $150 for them, that's the cost of the casters on the dolly..
    Last edited by BadAsp427; 08-22-2019 at 04:20 PM.

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600

Post Thanks / Like
    I go to Charleston from time to time. My buddy keeps his sailboat out there. Perhaps I can ping you next time I head that way.
    Sounds good... just let me know... Send me a PM when ready!

Post Thanks / Like
    Abbeville SC. Bout 2.5 hours. I've built 6 and currently own a mk3.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAsp427 View Post
    Hit me up if you want to come to the Charleston area to get it... I've got a body buck and chassis dolly. Check out this LINK or the first few entry's in my build thread below to see them. I'd want $150 for them, that's the cost of the casters on the dolly..
    Sweet setup. Sold. Send you a PM. Thanks.

18. Thanks BadAsp427 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alex,
    I'm in Sandy springs and driving my 95% complete MK4 in gelcoat. Jeff Kliner will be doing body and paint this Spring. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions comments or concerns. BTW for the last Seven years I have presented the Suwanee Classic Car Show on Veterans day weekend at Town Center. This year we had 167 entrants and your Roadster will be most welcome in the future. Again any help...just ask.
    Best
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in Duluth. Would love to get together sometime. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
    -Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaCobra View Post
    I'm in Duluth. Would love to get together sometime. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
    -Greg
    Anyone in the West Georgia area? I am mainly wondering about the registration process. It seems like there are a few options, and I am thinking of doing the antique registration in Georgia. Anyone done that successfully? Any better alternatives? What amount do you pay ad valorem on?

Post Thanks / Like
    I, too am considering buying or building. I live in Decatur. Would love to sit and talk about it all.