Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Upgrades to the ol' Mk1

Post Thanks / Like

Upgrades to the ol' Mk1

Through this forum, I am familiar by name only with more than a handful of talented expert builders
    I am fortunate to live near Henry (65 Cobra Dude) and to have gotten to know him.

I spent several months collecting parts and now my ol' Mk1 that I sometimes refer to as the pig, is at his place for some upgrades.
    Henry is doing a 5 lug conversion, rear coil over swap, installing the LED headlights from Mark at Breeze Automotive, door adjustments and a 4 wheel disc brake conversion.
    I decided to leave the spring tubes - or whatever they are called, on the car. Not worth Henry's effort to remove them and they are not in the way.
    His knowledge and attention to detail is impressive and I am very appreciative of the work he does on my car.
    If he's willing, I have a top end engine upgrade in the future.

Old wheels and new on their way to get removed/mounted with new 15" FFR Halibrands.

Henry's experience and skill saw this issue. Concentric rings were ordered from Mike Forte.

Rear brakes.

LED headlights installed to finish up the complete LED light package from Mark at Breeze Automotive.

Just about done.

Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is great list of upgrades. I will say that when I cut off my spring tubes I was amazed how easy it was. It is thin metal. A recipricating saw w/ a metal blade had them off in about 3 minutes.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

3. Thanks mburger thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the kudos Mark. Your car is an excellent example of a MK1 and I enjoy working on her.

Henry

5. Likes mburger liked this post