Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Are any of you all running SVE Cobra brakes from Late Model Restoration?

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Are any of you all running SVE Cobra brakes from Late Model Restoration?

Hey Gang,

I'm thinking about upgrading my front brakes once the body is off being painted and was wondering if any of you were running these front brakes?

https://lmr.com/item/SVE-2300S/musta...SABEgLBt_D_BwE

From what I understand they are basically the Cobra Brakes. Also, my rears are Ford Explorer 11.22" so they are a tad larger than the standard Mustang GT rears.

Steve
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 08-18-2019 at 09:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve,

If those are the early (twin piston) PBR style calipers, then yes, I'm running them on my MK-II - I'm not running the factory rotors, mine have been expanded to 13" style with 11.63" (T-Bird) in the rears - No power assist, Jeep 15/16" master.
    Car stops on a dime with firm pressure, not hard by any means - appropriate pedal mod done for manual brakes with a Fox pedal box. I do have a "bias" valve for the rears to keep them from locking up first.

Hope that gives you the answer you were looking for . . .

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

3. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Doc!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you can piece the kit together cheaper and with powder-coated calipers.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...354733&jsn=665

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve,

Those are identical to what I have from a '98 Mustang Cobra. I have '98 Lincoln rears. Stops on a dime but I also have the hydroboost PS/PB setup.

Joe
    MKIV #8740, Canadian base kit, Picked up Dec. 2015, ‘98 Cobra 4.6 l DOHC, T45 transmission, old style IRS, Art Cuesta dieted harness/Ron Francis chassis harness, go-cart July 2018.