Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: New Kit Owner/Member Looking for Advice

Post Thanks / Like

New Kit Owner/Member Looking for Advice

I have been reading posts for some time now and want to thank all those who routinely provide solutions and answers to fellow members. As a guy with limited automotive experience this is extremely helpful. This forum will save my butt during the build!

I was lucky enough to have just bought one of the 25th Anniversary Roadsters. I wasn't planning on this project till the Spring of 2020 but as we all know the kit was just released and it was order now or pass up a great kit. My build school class is not for another 3 weeks so I don't know what I should for this kit order. I do want to keep with an original '65 look so I am planning on skipping the power steering and EFI (depends on the engine choice I suppose).

First question is figuring out what engine and trans to add to this kit. I want a 427 that has lots of chrome so it really pops at car shows (this won't be a daily driver car). Paul Borror's Mk4 is very similar to the show stopping look I am going for. also love the look of the Weber carbs and found a Prestige Motorsports engine they posted on eBay that looked amazing. At $26K it should! Anyone have experience with them or have any other suggestions? I do want a high HP engine though I realize its a lite car and does not need it. I saw some advice to call Mike Forte & Gordon Levy so I hope to find their contact info on this site so I can speak with them. Once I figure this one out I can then figure out the transmission.

Knowing I want a show quality engine compartment, what parts from the kit should I have them remove? I am trying to limit the extra parts I have at the end if I can figure out some of the changes a head of time such as chrome reservoirs versus plastic ones, etc? Again not having gone to the build school first means I don't know the kit as well as I wish I did.

Thanks in advance for any advice given. I realize much of this is personal choice...I just need help putting some menu items together so I can choose what is in line with my vision.

Carl Dominguez
    San Antonio, Texas

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out Factory Five's partner engine builder at www.factoryfiveengines.com and specifically... this link If you call BluePrint Engines, ask to speak to Johnny McDevitt directly. That could be a great start...

Welcome to the fun and excitement of building a cobra. Also know that what you are going to build will far exceed anything that AC or Shelby ever built in the terms of performance and handling...

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

3. Thanks Carlitos thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feel free to call me at 520-494-2745
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

5. Likes Carlitos liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. Roger