I have been reading posts for some time now and want to thank all those who routinely provide solutions and answers to fellow members. As a guy with limited automotive experience this is extremely helpful. This forum will save my butt during the build!

I was lucky enough to have just bought one of the 25th Anniversary Roadsters. I wasn't planning on this project till the Spring of 2020 but as we all know the kit was just released and it was order now or pass up a great kit. My build school class is not for another 3 weeks so I don't know what I should for this kit order. I do want to keep with an original '65 look so I am planning on skipping the power steering and EFI (depends on the engine choice I suppose).

First question is figuring out what engine and trans to add to this kit. I want a 427 that has lots of chrome so it really pops at car shows (this won't be a daily driver car). Paul Borror's Mk4 is very similar to the show stopping look I am going for. also love the look of the Weber carbs and found a Prestige Motorsports engine they posted on eBay that looked amazing. At $26K it should! Anyone have experience with them or have any other suggestions? I do want a high HP engine though I realize its a lite car and does not need it. I saw some advice to call Mike Forte & Gordon Levy so I hope to find their contact info on this site so I can speak with them. Once I figure this one out I can then figure out the transmission.

Knowing I want a show quality engine compartment, what parts from the kit should I have them remove? I am trying to limit the extra parts I have at the end if I can figure out some of the changes a head of time such as chrome reservoirs versus plastic ones, etc? Again not having gone to the build school first means I don't know the kit as well as I wish I did.

Thanks in advance for any advice given. I realize much of this is personal choice...I just need help putting some menu items together so I can choose what is in line with my vision.

Carl Dominguez
San Antonio, Texas