Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Coyote Motor Mounts

Post Thanks / Like

Coyote Motor Mounts

I am trying to get ready to put in my engine and transmission and just realized I don't have motor/engine mounts. They are marked as being in one of my POL boxes but they are not there and I now see I never checked them during the inventory process. Looks like I am going to need to buy some but I can't find a part number for what I need and don't see mounts for the coyote/4.6 on FFR's parts website. I was hoping I could pick up a set at a local parts store or on Amazon Prime so I am not stalled too much longer but I am not sure if normal 4.6l motor mounts from a mustang will work for our kits or not. Anyone have the part number or a recommendation? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    The motor mounts are Energy Suspension part number 4.1127G. Used on 4.6 mod motors as well as the Coyote. The transmission mount is Energy Suspension part number 4.1104G. If your paperwork from Factory Five says you should have received them and you don't have them, I'd call. Even though they say all shortages have to be reported within a certain period of time, they may work with you to supply the parts.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

3. Thanks Tree thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Edwarb, as always you seem to have the info I need. I did call and leave a message for FFR. Any chance you know if other 4.6 motor mounts might work? I am sure the Energy Suspension part is great and I have had good luck with them in the past, I was just hoping I could pick up a set at a local parts store this weekend so I could get the engine in over the holiday weekend. Also, the mounts my local parts store has is about a third the cost of the Energy Suspension motor mounts. I guess I will wait this weekend and try to wrap my head around some of the electrical instead.

Maybe FFR will send me out the mounts, though they were not willing to send me a fuel regulator when I found that I had two fuel pressure gauges but no regulator. I went a different direction with the fuel system, so that was not that big a deal but I would rather not waste $160 for those Energy Suspension mounts if I don't have to. It has been a bit over a year since I got my kit. Unfortunately my father had a stroke right before my kit got to me and I ended up doing a shoddy review of the inventory process while I was focused on helping my father. I have kind of been kicking myself as I get stalled on missing parts because I know it was my responsibility to check everything in a timely manner and I did not, so the responsibility rests on my shoulders.

Somewhat tangentially, Edwarb, I have seen you reference the t-56 reverse lockout solenoid multiple times but I have never seen you list the part # you use or where you were able to buy it from. I want to copy your set up as your explanations make perfect sense, just need to know the actual part and where to buy it. Would you be willing to share the reverse lockout solenoid part # as well? Thanks again.
    Last edited by Tree; 09-02-2019 at 12:23 AM.

5. Likes GashF16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have only ever used the Energy Suspension mounts for SBF and also Coyotes. So, sorry, I can't get any recommendations for alternatives.

For the T-56 reverse setup, the lockout solenoid comes with the transmission. The transmission comes out of the box with the solenoid attached and ready to be wired. With +12V and ground applied to the terminals, the energized solenoid allows the shifter to select reverse. No voltage, and the reverse gate is locked out. Builders use multiple ways to supply the voltage. Some with a manual pushbutton, others will wire with the brakes, others (what I did) use a module that senses speed and energizes the solenoid when the car is stopped. This is the one I used: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/awr-elun-10013/.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

7. Thanks GashF16 thanked for this post