BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: How can i set caster?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Front caster/ camber is a circular process. I measure what it is, jack up the car (because w/ body on you can't readily turn the adjuster sleeves), make a guess at how to adjust the sleeves, drop the car and roll it a little to let it settle, measure. A couple of years ago I got a pair of turntables via ebay or A. More so than making turning easier, they also have about 2 inches of travel sideways. So now, before I drop the car, I push the turntable towards the center of the car. Drop it and the wheels move outward. Now rather than rolling the car to let the suspension settle, I bounce it up and down a bit and move it back and forth sideways. This is easier than rolling it back and forth. By circular process I mean that you keep adjusting and measuring and adjusting, going around and around w/ each adjustment getting closer and closer to the goal. As I get my figures closer to being correct, I start snugging the jam nuts after adjustment. If I don't snug them, the sleeves are as short as the slop in the threads will allow because of the car's weight, and they will gain length when you do a final tightening, messing up your #s slightly.
    Last edited by CraigS; 02-12-2024 at 07:57 AM.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.