Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: 818C (unfinished) For Sale in NE Florida

Post Thanks / Like

818C (unfinished) For Sale in NE Florida

I have an 818C I purchased almost completed about two years ago. Due to my wife’s health issues I am unable to complete the car. There are easily $20,000 in parts into the car and am looking to get $15,000 obo for the 818C. With the options selected, a new kit from Factory Five would be over 15K. If you are looking for an 818C and want to save time on the build, here is your chance to finish it up.
    All the aluminum for the underside of the car and the wheel wells are included with the car as they are not yet installed. All the glass was mounted by a local glass company.
    The car ran and drove when I purchased it. I found problems with the engine install and was in the process of fixing them when health issues took all my time.
    PM me with questions.
    2003 WRX Donor

COBB Boost Controller
Wire Harness built by iWire ($2900 value with the COBB Boost controller)

electric windows

wired for electric mirrors

Race Quip 5 Point Harnesses

Factory Five Wheels

New Tires

AJW Exhaust

new brake pads

New Subaru Aluminum front LCA's

FF Carbon Fiber Street Spoiler (not installed)

FF Carbon Fiber Rocker Panel extensions (not installed)
    New Optima Battery

FF Harness Bar

Powder Coated Chassis
    No Seats

I have lots of pictures of the assembly and donor car20160717_155816.jpgIMG_20170129_133457.jpgIMG_20170220_155547.jpgIMG_20170220_155553.jpg20160519_065704.jpg

2. Likes Aircontroller, jeanf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    PM'd!

Post Thanks / Like
    I should have made it more clear in the original post, the car is not running now. I was in the process of fixing coolant and fuel leaks. And there is still work to be done.
    I had to pull the firewall to access coolant lines on the front of the engine so interior is mostly out of the car.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Still for sale

Post Thanks / Like

More Pics

More pics to come

Post Thanks / Like
    Still available

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wageslave View Post
    I have an 818C I purchased almost completed about two years ago. Due to my wifeÂ’s health issues I am unable to complete the car. There are easily $20,000 in parts into the car and am looking to get $15,000 obo for the 818C. With the options selected, a new kit from Factory Five would be over 15K. If you are looking for an 818C and want to save time on the build, here is your chance to finish it up.
    All the aluminum for the underside of the car and the wheel wells are included with the car as they are not yet installed. All the glass was mounted by a local glass company.
    The car ran and drove when I purchased it. I found problems with the engine install and was in the process of fixing them when health issues took all my time.
    PM me with questions.
    2003 WRX Donor

COBB Boost Controller
Wire Harness built by iWire ($2900 value with the COBB Boost controller)

electric windows

wired for electric mirrors

Race Quip 5 Point Harnesses

Factory Five Wheels

New Tires

AJW Exhaust

new brake pads

New Subaru Aluminum front LCA's

FF Carbon Fiber Street Spoiler (not installed)

FF Carbon Fiber Rocker Panel extensions (not installed)
    New Optima Battery

FF Harness Bar

Powder Coated Chassis
    No Seats

I have lots of pictures of the assembly and donor car20160717_155816.jpgIMG_20170129_133457.jpgIMG_20170220_155547.jpgIMG_20170220_155553.jpg20160519_065704.jpg
    Still available

I sent you a message

Post Thanks / Like
    Still available

Post Thanks / Like
    Still available
    pm SENT

Post Thanks / Like

Current Pics

Here are some pics as the car sits today

Post Thanks / Like

More Current Pics

More Current pics of the car as it sits today

Post Thanks / Like
    PMed

Post Thanks / Like
    "sold"

Post Thanks / Like

I am Interested

I may be interested in purchasing the car. I have several questions, some of them will probably spawn additional questions depending on your answers.
    I am trying to get an assessment of the state of the car and what is yet to be accomplished. I realize these builds are "to be done", not a finished product so my questions are an effort to assess the state of what needs to be done in order to have a street legal, finished car, one that is licensed and passes inspection. I do understand that the "base" package comes short of being street legal. Simple things like windshield wipers are not included in the purchase price that they advertise.

Do you have the assembly manual that comes with the purchase from the manufacturer?

What is the original date of manufacturing?

When did you purchase it?

Aside from the engine leaks you referred to, what other engine problems have you encountered?

How "complete" was the build when you got the car?

You referenced the car running when you got it. Was that just the engine running or were you able to drive it under its own power?

When you obtained the car, was it fully assembled? If not, how far along was it?

818 coupes (actually all models) have fit and finish issues that require body work. This is evident on close inspection but not evident in pictures. Did you do any of the fit and finish body work or is that a "to be done" issue? If you did some of the work, what is left to be done?

I am not necessarily familiar with some of the addons that you referenced in your solicitation. I will probably ask more specifics about them. This is the first time I have used this forum, Can you respond to my email at [email protected]

If torn apart, it takes a long trailer to fit all of the parts and pieces for transporting to my location (body separate from frame, frame separate from engine, etc.). What state is the build at this time?

You alluded to work you had begun on the engine. Is the engine in the car or is it out of the car.

Regardless of being in the car or out of the car, is it torn apart or is it intact?

Are there transmission issues?

Any front or rear suspension issues

Post Thanks / Like

Need more info

I am new to this kind of car (unfinished). I would like to know specifically what is extra from the base package. For example, you told me about the rearview mirrors that were installed but not hooked up. You probably listed the items already, but I can't tell what was extra (not included in the base package), what of the extra that was not yet installed, what was once installed but needs to be reinstalled because you deinstalled in order to try to fix it, what items still needs to be installed that you have the parts for, and what remains to be purchased and installed (seats). In addition, I would like to know what you think should be reinstalled for better functionality. I realize I am asking alot but once I take posession, the issues become mine. I would be entering into a build that perhaps neither of us are aware of all of the possible problems, so I am just trying to get a handle on the known issues that need attention. I will assume there are still issues that I will want to address (air conditioning as I live in a hot climate), that are not addressed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if you are getting my messages. Can you please reply so I know you are getting my questions?

Post Thanks / Like
    see post #13
    Rob Windsor