BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Anyone added an extra "pin" to Ron Francis EFI engine harness ECU connector?

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone added an extra "pin" to Ron Francis EFI engine harness ECU connector?

Searched the forum on this and came up empty. Called Ron Francis and waiting on a response, but in the meantime I figured it would be wise to ask here.

I have a Vintage Air A/C system on my Mk 3.1 and a new Ron Francis EFI engine harness for an old school 302W. I want to add a wire split off from the A/C compressor to "pin 10" on the ECU to cause the computer to raise the idle RPM and whatever else the ECU does when A/C is on. I have the wiring mocked up but have no idea how to open up the connector to the ECU to add in the new wire.

Help...
    Shack

Post Thanks / Like
    Ford EFI connectors (TFI, 60-pin ECU, etc. have red lock tabs/bars in them to retain the wire pins/terminals. You have to use a pick tool or jeweler's screwdriver to pry that lock tab out. Then you can access the terminals themselves to depin or relocate by carefully prying the release tab for the individual pins/terminals. In your case you'd just remove the red lock tab, insert your crimped terminal with wire lead until it clicks into the pin 10 location, then reinstall the red lock tab.

HTH!
    Mark
    Modified Mustangs & Fords Project Snake Charmer

FFR5310 Mk 3 Roadster
    Tungsten Gray/Silver Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mark! I'll try this on the old stock harness before I dig into the new one from Ron Francis.

4. Likes Mustang Man liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am in the middle of installing thr North race cars system in my mk4 so this is information i can use to, so thank you guys!
    Walt
    FFR8237 Donor build 89 GT , MK 4 , T5 , 17 " hallibrands 9" front 10.5 rear ,4×4 headers stainless mufflers, dual chrome roll bars, coil overs all 4,A/C and heater , soft top, 3:55 gears.

Post Thanks / Like
    On this extra pin, what wire, from where, and where would i get the part for this?
    Thanks
    Walt
    FFR8237 Donor build 89 GT , MK 4 , T5 , 17 " hallibrands 9" front 10.5 rear ,4×4 headers stainless mufflers, dual chrome roll bars, coil overs all 4,A/C and heater , soft top, 3:55 gears.

Post Thanks / Like
    On the subject of connectors used by Ford, I have found this to be useful:

https://www.motorcraft.com/content/d...-Book-2016.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, i have the ron frances harness.