FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Fuel Line Mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Fuel Line Mod

In the Manual it states if you are using a "high horsepower fuel injected engine" there are a few tweaks they recommend. These include drilling out the return line, and I assume going with a larger fuel hard line. My questions are several:
    1. I'll be running a Fuel Injected 347, is that going to be considered "high horsepower" enough to warrant the change? I will only run this on the street, never the track.
    2. If I do drill it out do I need to use a different fuel filter than the one in the kit?
    3. Will I also need larger fuel lines?
    4. Should I ask Mike Forte about all this since he will be building the engine?

I guess that is it for now. I do have an update since I have FINALLY gotten back to the build. You all know how that goes. As of August 7th I am at the 1 year mark.
    "Doddmoore," Mitchell Moore on facebook, Follow Tonks347Cobra on Instagram
    MK IV Complete kit, SB Ford 347, Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 500, Moser 8.8 Solid axle, Wilwoods, Power Steering
    My Build Thread: Tonks347, The Baker's Build
    Slow and steady wins the race.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Assuming that your pump is in or very near the tank, then no you won't need larger fuel lines to feed your 347.

If you were running a mechanical pump on your engine (Carb) or an electric pump up front then upping the diameter of the feed line might be a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    My gut tells me GoDadGo is correct, but it's certainly worth talking to Forte about. He knows engines (& these cars) inside, outside, and upside down.

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    You’re running the Holley Sniper EFI right? See page 10 of the Holley Sniper EFI instruction manual - it recommends 3/8” feed and return lines.
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RJD View Post
    You’re running the Holley Sniper EFI right? See page 10 of the Holley Sniper EFI instruction manual - it recommends 3/8” feed and return lines.
    ...and if you're doing 3/8 feed and return, this is the best fuel pump holder / pickup in the land... http://www.promracing.com/fuel-suppl...-mustangs.html

Anything else is a restriction and, well, less.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

6. Thanks RAMRobAZ thanked for this post
    Likes RAMRobAZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What horsepower are you buying? Check the EFI manual and you will see the 3/8 is needed.
    Factory Five Racing Roadster MKIV -- #9196 -- 347ci, 475 HP, 5 Speed, Plymouth Prowler Orange Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMRobAZ View Post
    What horsepower are you buying? Check the EFI manual and you will see the 3/8 is needed.
    There you go! There are 300hp 347s and 600hp 347s. The 347 part doesn't determine how much fuel it needs. How many horses you are feeding is the determining factor.