Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coupe seat options

Post Thanks / Like

Coupe seat options

Hey guys,

Currently have my Coupe order with the Kirkey Highbacks but am thinking about looking for other seat options.
    Can you guys point me in the right direction, locations of where to look?
    Thx guys, rgds Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    There have been several guys installing Corbeau seats. They have a range of seats that you can look at. Other options would be OMP or Sparco if you want a more race-oriented seat. The FFR Kirkeys are very lightweight, and I hear pretty comfortable too. Some have simply added a 1-3” foam pad in the bottom and called it done (this can go under the seat cover too so it won’t be visible).

What are you looking for in a seat? Style/looks, comfort, or performance?
    Logan's Gen 3 Coupe-R Build
    Ordered 4/23/19 | Delivered 6/29/19 | First Start 8/1/20 | First Drive 9/20/20

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Corbeau Sportline Evolution-X 64901F seats, black vinyl/carbon fiber vinyl and red stitching in mine. With Corbeau C22059 single slider brackets. More details and pictures in my build thread. Spent quite a bit of time looking at options. These worked best for me. Provided the look plus seat height I was looking for and also fit far enough back for us. But taller drivers may want something that goes back another inch or two, which these won't. You'll also want to watch how much the wraparound protrudes into the door opening. That's another reason I picked these. Too much (like some racing seats have) make it even harder to get in and out. There are lots of options out there. Most of the seat websites have dimensioned drawings so you can do some checking starting there.
    Last edited by edwardb; 08-23-2019 at 08:05 AM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seat PS.JPG As an old guy, I needed some cushioning under my butt. I purchased a pair of seats from www.cipherauto.com. They had a good selection, reasonable pricing and provided dimensions.
    Getting in and out of these coupes is not easy and huge bolsters don't help. Mine is not to be raced so a reasonable bolster is adequate.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am considering all of these seats and leaning toward the Sparco Evo II US or the Braum Falcon but I am a ways away from buying seats. I deleted mine all together from FFR and took a $400 credit on my order. Frankly I am only buying the shell because I am getting every upholstered. Here is the spreadsheet I made with the various sizes and seats I am considering.

These are all fixed back seats with the exception of the Evolution X but I put that in there as a way to compare it because it's been featured in a build on this site.
    Last edited by P100DHG; 08-24-2019 at 04:48 PM.

6. Thanks GashF16 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man this is awesome. Thanks so much for compiling the measurements and posting here. What a huge help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Joe a
    Do you have any other pics of your seats. Can you give some feed back specifics of which seats you chose and anything about headroom, fitment.
    Thanks
    Mike moen
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE A View Post
    Seat PS.JPG As an old guy, I needed some cushioning under my butt. I purchased a pair of seats from www.cipherauto.com. They had a good selection, reasonable pricing and provided dimensions.
    Getting in and out of these coupes is not easy and huge bolsters don't help. Mine is not to be raced so a reasonable bolster is adequate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GashF16 View Post
    Man this is awesome. Thanks so much for compiling the measurements and posting here. What a huge help!
    So this discussion renewed my interest in researching what seats I want to use.

The Braum Falcon was redesigned and is now the Falcon X seat and has come down quite a bit since I have done this it is FIA certified and about $380. Thats very compelling so I am going to order two between now and December. According to Project Import a Braum Dealer in the Los Angeles area (city of Orange) They come with seat sliders and can be bolted directly to the seat pan. (Braum website doesn’t indicate that). Comes in various colors and fabric choices. I updated the above table.

https://www.carid.com/braum/falcon-x...cing-seat.html

No matter what seat I get it's getting reupholstered in a nice cigar chair/ saddle leather.

The other seat that looks amazing Tillet B5.

https://www.torqued.io/tillett-b5-ra...RoCR0QQAvD_BwE
    Last edited by P100DHG; 08-25-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what I needed, thx so much!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, The Cipher seat I used is a Jeep seat Model CPA 3001. I have attached a few additional photo's from earlier in my build.Seat 1.JPGSeat 2.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    here are a few sources I have saved;
    https://www.classiccarseats.com/
    https://www.northstarmotorsports.com...3/Racing+Seats
    https://www.northstarmotorsports.com...3/Sport+Seats/
    https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/ad...tegoryID=SEATS
    There is quite a bit of overlap on the most common brands but there may be some at each that don't show up anywhere else.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thx guys, I decided to go with the Sparco Evo 2, not cheap at $799,00 a piece but like the look.
    Appreciated all your imput!

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all -

Does anyone know if any seats with a halo will fit? It doesn’t look promising because of the body work, but I wondered if something like this might work?

https://www.ultrashieldrace.com/cata...ata-halo-seat/

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to bump this. Does anyone know if a halo seat is even possible?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger View Post
    Just wanted to bump this. Does anyone know if a halo seat is even possible?
    I'm running the Kirkey 65 highback seats. I added the bolt-on wings that surround your head- they are sorta flexible (not good) but they fit my car.

I've considered trying to fit a real containment seat but I'm still working out window and side nets which may be sufficient. Kirkey has all the schematics/measurements for their seats online. Knowing the a 65 fits I could go from there.

Dave
    Gen III #17
    16,500+ miles and counting