Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wade Coyote in Salt Lake City Build

Post Thanks / Like

Wade Coyote in Salt Lake City Build

My kit completion date is 8/31 so hopefully Stewart's will make delivery by the middle of September.

• MK4 Complete Kit with IRS & Coyote Power Steering

• Gen 3 Coyote with Tremec T056 Magnum Transmission Kit

• Roadster 13" IRS Brake Kit

• 2018 IRS3.55 Center Section & Spindles

• Powder Coated Chasis

• 17" Halibrand Wheels

• Leather Bucket Seats

• Leather Covered Dash w/ Glove Box

• Vintage GPS Gauges

I plan on building the car in this 1.5 car garage but I have a large 2 car garage attached. I'm going to build a body buck next week but I hope to hang it from my 2 car garage ceiling. I have 14' ceilings so it shouldn't be a problem but has anyone done that before?

garage.jpg
    Last edited by walkerwde; 08-29-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've only got 8' to the rafters... It works.. And I moved it around a little bit. I had a rolling body buck as well, but found it was out of the way better when it was hanging...

IMG_1290.jpg IMG_2966.jpg IMG_2517.jpg

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome walkerde! Good to see another SLC build, I am in the Riverton area. I've only been able to connect with one other builder in the valley so far, but I know there are many out there.

Sounds like a great build, its tons of fun, I look forward to seeing your progress!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm actually in Utah County I just put SLC because no one would know where Happy Valley is! I would love to connect sometime or maybe ask you a question on the build once in a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    walkerwde, any time, happy to help!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are still planning on hanging your body, that is exactly what I did and it is working great. You can shorten and lighten the body buck a lot. Mine is now hanging under the deck on the back of my house.

Did your kit arrive yet?
    MK4 Complete Kit #9673 | Ordered: 08/07/2019 | Pickup: 08/24/2019
    Gen 2 Coyote, TKO600, IRS, Power Steering, 18" Halibrands, Kirkey Vintage Race Seats, Gas-N Headers and Pipes
    Build Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...IRS-Build-9673

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that looks great! I think I will copy you. My kit is suppose to arrive a week from today September 23rd.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the madness in Utah. I sent you a PM Come join the fun
    Lots of help here in Utah

Post Thanks / Like
    So I finally got around to posting this. My kit was delivered last week complete with a Jackknifed delivery truck. It was a long day waiting for the wrecker to get him out followed up with unloading everything onto a flatbed truck because he wasn't able to make it into my neighborhood on the hill.

jacknifedtruck.jpgdeliveredcar.jpgbodyhanging.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Front End

Could I please get some advice on if this front end looks correct? I'm concerned about how the boots look and also the bolts that connect the upper control arms to the car. I'm concerned it's just normal bolt and the manual say's to only use a washer on the front side.

frontend1.jpgfrontend2.jpgfrontend3.jpgfrontend4.jpgfrontendbolt.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks OK from what I can tell. Those ball joint boots will always look a little crushed with the suspension at full hang like that. You can jack it up to where the LCA is basically level (roughly where it will be at ride height) and see the difference. Back the coilover spring off all the way and you can lift it with a floor jack. Not following your question about the bolts for the UCA. You have shoulder bolts with a washer on the back side. That's how mine have been and as I recall also what's in the manual.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks edwardb it’s nice to hear from someone else it looks right. As far as the bolt is concerned I’m just worried especially without a washer on the backside that they will hold over time.
    Last edited by walkerwde; 10-06-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've finally found a minute to take a few pictures and post an update. I've completed the front end and rear end of the car and I'm now moving onto the peddle box. I would love some to hear from anyone if my pictures all look correct.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by walkerwde; 10-31-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m also now waiting on a missing Peddle Box Rear Mount. Do any of you have a suggestion on what I could work on next without getting to far ahead of myself?