I am so close to getting my car registered in California under the SB100 Specialty Constructed Vehicle program. I have an appointment for my final inspection, the BAR referee next week (8/28/19) and now a MAJOR SETBACK! I have over 1400 miles on it when the engine suddenly backfired and would not start. Turns out I have a stripped camshaft gear. What a bummer. Now I have to replace the cam. Im hoping I'd be able to make the referee appointment with only a visual inspection. Not sure though. Not sure when I could get around to fix it also. If DMV paperwork time expires, that would suck if I have to go through this whole DMV registration process again when it gets fixed. I already paid my taxes and fees.

The crate engine was purchased 9 years ago (and it wasn't cheap) Unexpected changes occurred back then and I was forced to place the engine in storage in my garage. I put mystery oil in it and periodically rotated the shaft during storage. Bought a FFR in late 2017 and started it up first time in December 2018. I will reach out to Roush but I'm sure since its 9 years old Ill be left SOL.

Roush 427SR with a mild billet steel cam.