BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rear brake issue

Post Thanks / Like

Rear brake issue

So I think I have an airlock on my rear brakes . Fronts are fine nice and solid . When I pump up the brakes I cannot get any pressure to the rear . Also cant get hardly any fluid to come out of the bleeder when I try to bleed them . Seems to me that there must be an air lock in the rear master cylinder . Any thoughts on this would be great, Thanks Herb
    Last edited by herb fraser; 08-25-2019 at 04:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you do a gravity bleed first? Fill reservoir and open both rear bleeders. May take 10 minutes or more, but they should start dripping pretty good eventually. Put pans underneath. And are the bleeders at top of caliper, not bottom?
    Also be aware of the height of the reservoirs. If they are too low the fluid level could be below the MC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, the MC are lower then the fluid level so I am good there ,I was careful to make sure that the reservoir is high as possible. and no I did not gravity feed them so thanks and I will do that tonight . and yep the bleeder valves are on top, Herb
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    Did you do a gravity bleed first? Fill reservoir and open both rear bleeders. May take 10 minutes or more, but they should start dripping pretty good eventually. Put pans underneath. And are the bleeders at top of caliper, not bottom?
    Also be aware of the height of the reservoirs. If they are too low the fluid level could be below the MC.
    Last edited by herb fraser; 08-25-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    DONE !!! Thanks for the advise !
    easy peasy !

Post Thanks / Like
    Herb what did you do for your lower radiator hose? I can't for the life of me figure how anyone is getting that stainless flex in there. My water pump looks to be 1 7/8 and the radiator is 1 1/2. When I run a cord in position to route looks like about 30" required. Ive been trying to find a basic rubber flex 30" but can only find 1 1/2. Can't fine a 1 7/8 and 2" seems a little lose on the nipple. Any suggestions on the chevy hoses appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    pm sent

Post Thanks / Like
    Bnelson,

Please let me know what you find. That is where I am at too.

Zach