Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coyote heater hookup

Post Thanks / Like

Coyote heater hookup

Anyone post the heater hookup for Coyote? The 90 degree adapters will not stay on the tubes. I think I know which two ports to add heater hose to but checking. Also, the Pcv tube will not hookup to intake ports.
    Last edited by sperger72; 08-25-2019 at 05:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Coyote heater and PCV hose connection

These are pictures big what I am talking about. Does anyone have the FOMOCO part number or a better source than these? Anyone else have an issue with them staying on?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sperger72; 08-25-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you sure you are getting them all the way on? They should click when fully seated. I have never seen on not lock on.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike,

They click and then with very little pressure they pop off. It is like the clips are weak. I was hoping there might be a better supplier. I need to order a shroud from you too.

Zach

Post Thanks / Like
    I've also never found either of those connectors will come off easily once they click on. Agree with Mike it sounds like you're not getting them pushed all the way on. I assume you know the PCV and heater hose connectors are not interchangeable. I've never had to replace the PCV connectors, so can't help with those. The heater hose ones are Gates 28504 pieces. Available at multiple places. I've gotten them from Rock Auto and Amazon.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Edward for the help. The PCV one is the one that the air intake tube seems to be the wrong on intake. All of the pictures on the Forum show an intake with the ports in a different place to mount up to the PCV tube on drivers side of the Coyote. The heater connectors go on and pop in place, then you can barely touch and they pop off. I just ordered a new set from Amazon of the Gates 28504. I will try again with a new set of connectors. Thanks for the help and information.

The air intake tube the PCV connects is on the bottom of the air intake tube. Looks like it needs to be on the inside of the radius.

Zach