Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2022 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet

Post Thanks / Like

2022 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, Hear Ye
    2022 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet dates are Wednesday, March 30 thru Sunday, April 02, 2022 in San Marcos, Texas.
    Room Reservations can be booked using the link below. The contract was made at the local level, so use the link below and DO NOT call Hilton Reservations to make your reservations.
    Registration for the event will not open until Jan, 01, 2022.
    Click below to make your room reservation at the Embassy Suites:

Hotel Info | Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin
    July 2009 FFCars Picture of the Month
    FFR3542K, 347 C.I., EFI, T-5, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy New Year’s Greeting to Cobra Fans around the World!!
    And for the news that has everyone sitting on the edge of your seats:
    Registration for the 2022 Texas Cobra Club Spring is now open!!!
    The event dates are March 30-April 3rdat the Embassy Suites Hotel in San Marcos, TX.
    Ken is using a new website format this year for all communication about the Spring Meet.
    Go to www.texascobraclub.org and click on Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet in the header. You will then see the link to EVENT REGISTRATION.
    Cost this year is the same as in the past: $50.00 registration fee per car.
    Banquet Meal Tickets can also be purchased for $49.00 per person.
    More information to come soon!
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin
    FFR3542K, 347 C.I., EFI, T-5, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some updates for the Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet:
    As of Jan 09, at 11:00am
    Day to Go to the start of the Meet: 80
    Drivers and Guests: 54
    Registered Cars: 32
    Banquet Meal Tickets: 48
    States Represented: TX, GA, AZ, IL, LA, FL
    This information will be update a couple time per week.
    More information please go to www.texascobraclub.org
    Hope to see you in San Marcos in March!!
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin

Post Thanks / Like
    T-shirt Ordering is open! Deadline for ordering T-shirts is FEB 1, 2022.
    Go to the website for the design for this year’s Shirt. I cant seem to get the picture copied here. http://www.texascobrameet.com/event-tee-shirts-orders/

Due to supple-chain issues we are only have to provide 3 color choices for the Long Sleeve shirt. There are 4 color choices for the Short Sleeve Shirt. The color REBEL BLUE is a blue-gray color. Prices are $27 for the Short Sleeve and $32 for the Long Sleeve. This price includes all payment processing fees but does not include shipping (if needed).

PLEASE NOTE: At Checkout you will be asked for a shipping address. You will be able to pick up your shirts at the Spring Meet Registration Table when you arrive. If you are unable to attend the meet, arrangements will be made to ship the shirts to you after the event.
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin

Post Thanks / Like
    TEXAS COBRA CLUB SPRING MEET UPDATE: 01.23.2022
    Here are the numbers:
    Day to Go: 66
    Registered Cars: 69
    Drivers and Guests: 127
    Banquet Tickets Sold: 110
    States Represented: TX, GA, AZ, FL, OH, IL, LA, MO
    A few Announcements and Meeting Updates:
    If you have a hotel reservation at the Embassy Suites and ARE NOT ABLE TO ATTENDING the Spring Meet, PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL your reservation before you contact me. Our room block is sold out and we have several folks on a waiting list for rooms at the Embassy Suites. If you cancel your room, it goes back into general room inventory at the hotel not our room block. SO PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL YOUR HOTEL RESERVATION without contacting Ken Walker first at 512-557-3694
    Harris Hill Track Day will be Thursday, March 31, Noon-4:30 Price: $190.00. Mandatory drivers’ meeting at Noon. Track goes hot at 12:30. More info to come.
    Dave Friedman, our guest speaker, will be holding 3 separate autograph signing parties during the event. The exact times TBD once he arrives Thursday Evening.
    www.texascobraclub.org
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin

Post Thanks / Like
    TEXAS COBRA CLUB SPRING MEET UPDATE: 02.02.22
    Days to Go: 56
    Drivers and Guests: 162
    Cars Registered: 90
    Banquet Tickets: 142
    States Represented: TX, LA, GA, FL, OH, IL, MO, IA, AZ
    Updates:
    T-SHIRT ORDERS:
    The deadline for ordering t-shirts is now this coming Friday, Feb 04. Please get your orders in as soon as possible. Only pre-ordered shirts will be available at the Spring Meet. No extras will be printed.
    HOTEL STATUS:
    The Embassy Suites is completely sold out for our event dates. I have a wait list of folks asking for rooms at the Embassy Suites. We are at the top of the list at the Embassy for any rooms cancelled by other groups.
    If you are unable to attend the Spring Meet and need cancel you room, please, contact me first. If you cancel you room it goes into general room inventory and it removed from our group. The is a way of transferring you room to another Texas Cobra Club attendees but it is a manual process.
    More info posted on the website: www.texascobraclub.org
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin

Post Thanks / Like
    TEXAS COBRA CLUB SPRING MEET UPDATE: 02.13.2022
    WOW! This event is going to be huge!! The numbers are looking great and we still have 45 days to go.
    Here are the numbers:
    Days to Go: 45
    Drivers and Guests: 188
    Registered Cars: 104
    Banquet Tickets Sold: 165
    States Represented: TX, GA, AZ, AR, FL, IL, LA, IA, OH, MO
    A FEW UPDATES:
    · Hayes County Sheriff Dept will be on duty 9pm-7am Wed- Sat nights
    · Kayak Fishers of Men will be cooking at Harris Hill Raceway on Thursday afternoon and Friday evening at our Tailgate Party
    · Henderson Automotive in New Braunfels will be hosting DYNO pulls on Friday morning at 9am. See website for more details
    · Dave Friedman will be onsite on Friday and Saturday to sign his new book. You can bring any other Shelby memorabilia for him to sign.
    PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE:
    If you need to cancel your hotel room at the Embassy Suites for any reason, please contact me before you cancel your reservation. We have several folks on a wait list for rooms at the Embassy. I can reassign your room.
    More Detail to come!
    www.texascobraclub.org
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin

Post Thanks / Like
    TEXAS COBRA CLUB SPRING MEET UPDATE: 03.11.2022
    Greetings to all you Cobra Luvin’ Fools,
    I believe that the 2022 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet will be one of the largest (if not the largest) Spring Meet ever!
    Here are the numbers:
    Day to Go: 19
    Cars Registered: 132
    Drivers and Guests: 236
    Banquet Tickets Sold: 217
    Thanks to all of you that have notified me if you were needing to cancel your room reservation at the Embassy Suites.
    AGAIN, if you need to cancel your reservation at the Embassy Suites, please, contact me first. I still have a waitlist for rooms.
    I will post up more details for the Spring meet soon. The agenda and activities are listed on our website at www.texascobraclub.org
    Thanks everyone for their patience with me in getting back to you in a timely manner. Lots going on down here in Austin and I have to do most the TCC business in the evening hours.
    Looking forward seeing all y’all (collective plural) in San Marcos very soon!
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin

Post Thanks / Like
    Greetings to all Dudes and Dudettes! Unless something major comes up this will be the last update for Spring Meet. Lots of activities and preparation going on and time is limited.
    If all goes as planned this will be the biggest Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet EVER!
    Here are the numbers:
    Days to Go: 10
    Drivers and Guests: 249
    Cars Registered: 135
    Banquet Tickets Sold: 220
    Hotel Update: Thanks to everyone that contacted me about room cancellations. I only have 2-3 people of the wait-list as of today.
    AGAIN, IF YOU ARE NEEDING TO CANCEL YOUR ROOM RESERVATION AT THE EMBASSY SUITES FOR ANY REASON, PLEASE REACH OUT TO ME FIRST. I AM WORKING WITH THE HOTEL TO KEEP THOSE CANCELLED ROOMS IN OUR ROOM BLOCK. THANKS
    Our guest speaker, Dave Friedman, will be holding 3 book signing events at the Spring Meet. If you pre-paid for his new book, you will receive your copy at registration.
    Please review the Parking Policy on our website (www.texascobraclub.org). Parking will be more crowded than any year in the past. Our policy will be fully enforced. If ya don’t like it ….. you can park at the Holiday Inn Express or ya just can go home!
    The Harris Hill Track Day Event will be from 12:00-4:30pm on Thursday the 31st. Mandatory Driver’s meeting at noon. Fee is $190 for the afternoon session.
    I am sure there are about ten thousand more updates and/or comments I could list out. If you have any questions, please reach out to me at [email protected]. If you have any complaints then call Don Wallace!
    See y’all in about 240 hours. Thinks of it as LeMans 10 times!
    Ken
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin

Post Thanks / Like
    Tomorrow (Sunday, March 27) at 3pm online registration for the TCC SPRING MEET will close.
    This means that no more banquet tickets will be sold. I have to have the headcount for the banquet to the hotel by noon on Monday the 28th.
    Onsite registration will open at Noon on Wednesday the 30th at the Embassy Suites.
    See y'all in San Marcos
    www.texascobraclub.org
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin