Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: House Money's hot rod truck build thread

Post Thanks / Like

House Money's hot rod truck build thread

Hi all, well after many years of dreaming about it, on July 1st I finally placed my order for the Barrett-Jackson edition truck. My estimated completion date is September 21st and then I have to arrange shipping - so probably looking at mid October for delivery here to Washington state. To be honest, I was really wanting to build the '33 Hot rod, I saw the truck release and really was not that impressed - that is until they came out with the B-J edition and I fell in love with that!

My vision is to build it pretty much as they have, I'm looking to have basically an all new vehicle that looks old! I do plan to use a 525HP connect and cruise package with an auto trans. I really like the look of that Edelbrock cross-ram intake but I'm a bit concerned with what it's going to take to get two drive by wire throttle bodies and two MAF sensors to play together, not to mention that those twin intake tubes look to leave little room for a front accessory drive... I have read on these forums that FFinsher maybe had some experience with the original B-J build, so maybe he can offer up some suggestions here.

I do want to say that I'm very impressed with the quality level of the builds, but even more impressed with the people behind those builds! I can only hope that I can be as helpful as all of you are.

Gary

2. Likes Straversi, ydousurf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to post an update: My kit was completed on September 21st, it is slated to be picked up today by Stewart transport - I'm hoping that the list of back-ordered parts will be short given all the time it has been sitting there!! Stewart is estimating it will be about two or more weeks to make it out here to Washington state! I have to say that I'm getting more than a little eager to get this party started!

Gary

4. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Gary, I've got ya bookmarked! I'll be following along as you do your build. I'm going to be building a roadster, but I really enjoy watching any of the various kits get built and the unique touches that each individual brings to their own respective build. Enjoy the process and the journey too...

Dj

Post Thanks / Like
    Can wait to see your truck go together.

Post Thanks / Like

Bj truck

Quote Originally Posted by House Money View Post
    Hi all, well after many years of dreaming about it, on July 1st I finally placed my order for the Barrett-Jackson edition truck. My estimated completion date is September 21st and then I have to arrange shipping - so probably looking at mid October for delivery here to Washington state. To be honest, I was really wanting to build the '33 Hot rod, I saw the truck release and really was not that impressed - that is until they came out with the B-J edition and I fell in love with that!

My vision is to build it pretty much as they have, I'm looking to have basically an all new vehicle that looks old! I do plan to use a 525HP connect and cruise package with an auto trans. I really like the look of that Edelbrock cross-ram intake but I'm a bit concerned with what it's going to take to get two drive by wire throttle bodies and two MAF sensors to play together, not to mention that those twin intake tubes look to leave little room for a front accessory drive... I have read on these forums that FFinsher maybe had some experience with the original B-J build, so maybe he can offer up some suggestions here.

I do want to say that I'm very impressed with the quality level of the builds, but even more impressed with the people behind those builds! I can only hope that I can be as helpful as all of you are.

Gary
    Hi Gary- I can answer any questions you may have. just send me a pm if I can help. I built the black truck and the second red truck as well-
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to post an update: My kit was completed on September 21st, it is slated to be picked up today by Stewart transport - I'm hoping that the list of back-ordered parts will be short given all the time it has been sitting there!! Stewart is estimating it will be about two or more weeks to make it out here to Washington state! I have to say that I'm getting more than a little eager to get this party started!

Gary
    What part of Washington? I'm just over the border in BC and head down quite a bit. I've just started my truck and will be plucking away at it this winter. Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ztoolman44 View Post
    What part of Washington? I'm just over the border in BC and head down quite a bit. I've just started my truck and will be plucking away at it this winter. Congrats!
    I'm in Arlington. I have not done much yet - waiting on parts, both POL parts and parts at the powder coater.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in Arlington. I have not done much yet - waiting on parts, both POL parts and parts at the powder coater.
    Nice. I haven't done anything other than unbox and organize. Going to be a winter project once work slows down.