Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 500 mile checkup and fan controller added.

Post Thanks / Like
    To get rid of the annoying high-speed fan running all the time I installed the Maradyne MFA136 Fan Controller. I did it in three phases, under dash wiring, coolant temperature sensor install, and controller install and wiring termination. I am retired so spreading the work out to three days makes it a lot more enjoyable. If you are thinking about doing this and your car is not complete do it know, do not wait until after your car is done.

Phase 1, I had installed a secondary fuse box so adding a new circuit would not be that hard. My problem was I have an aluminum sheet the runs the full length under the dash, removing and reinstalling this was a PIA. I have am using a 15 Amp fuse, because I don’t know any better.

Phase 2, draining the cooling system and installing the inline Sensor adaptor to the lower radiator hose was easy just a little messy some coolant did not cooperate with my containment containers. Refilling and burping a coyote is a bit of a chore with out the fancy systems that some have.

Phase 3, I mounted the controller to the right-side inner wheel well. And terminated all the wires trying to make the wiring not look like it was not an afterthought, mostly achieved this. My car has never run over 75C. I had to adjust the temp setting almost all the way clock wise to get the fans to slow down, I’m sure some fine tuning will be needed after I drive it around.

Thank you GTBradly for your write up, without your documentation I would not have known about this product. Copying someone else’s design is always easier than going at in blindly.

My wiring diagram
    Attachment 137875

500 Mile checkup, while up on jack stands, I decided to make sure everything was still tight and fluids were topped off. Checked fluid levels in rear end and trans, checked all fuel and brake lines for leaks. Verified that all my marked bolts had not rotated. Checked tightness of header and side pipe bolts. Basically, checked all bolts to ensure tightness. Next on the list is remove wheels and check bolts in these areas.

IS THERE ANYTHING I’M MISSING?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bobm488; 11-17-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure thing, I’m happy I was able to help. Your wiring diagram looks good, Id like to use it on the write-up I did, if you wouldn’t mind. The only difference I think is that yours runs for a minute after shut down, right?

How does it sound now? A lot better now that it’s just your side pipes, huh? In case someone gets interested, here’s the link to the write-up for the fan controller.
    Last edited by GTBradley; 11-17-2020 at 09:17 PM.
    Bradley

Build thread - Mk4, Coyote, IRS, Wilwood brakes, old-style soft top and accessories.

The distance between "finished" and finished is literally infinite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GTBradley View Post
    Sure thing, I’m happy I was able to help. Your wiring diagram looks good, Id like to use it on the write-up I did, if you wouldn’t mind. The only difference I think is that yours runs for a minute after shut down, right?

How does it sound now? A lot better now that it’s just your side pipes, huh? In case someone gets interested, here’s the link to the write-up for the fan controller.
    Here is a better PDF of the controller wiring I used, please use it. It was originally created in ACAD 12.
    It does not run after the ignition is turned off. The car is still up on jack stands so I can finish my 500 mile check. I will report back after I get it back on the road.

Thanks again.

Fan controller wiring.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    I see now, you ran the grey wire to the ignition and the Coyote fan control powers the fan. It works fine that way, but you could have just connected the grey wire to the Coyote fan control also, same same. If you decide later to use the battery as the fan power, then your ignition grey wire will allow for the one minute runtime after shut down. Looking forward to your updates.
    Bradley

Build thread - Mk4, Coyote, IRS, Wilwood brakes, old-style soft top and accessories.

The distance between "finished" and finished is literally infinite.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12