Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: It's been a long time . . . wow, things have changed on the forum!

Post Thanks / Like

It's been a long time . . . wow, things have changed on the forum!

I ordered my FFR roadster kit in Dec of 02 , built it in 03 and have been driving it since Mar of 04 . . . all good times, never any real issues, just lots of fun and cred' on the street. Daily driver on clear days, live in WI and not enough actual good days to drive comfortably. Also, do 6-10 AX a year. Retired a few weeks ago and I'm getting more drive time now. Which brings me to the point, I need to quiet the beast just a bit, make it a more comfortable ride for me and my bride of 44 years and get within the new 'loud' specs on some AX courses. I looked in FAQ and couldn't find anything, can any of you guys please give me some guidance on the preferred 'quieting device' (s). BTW, I could not have built my car without the tremendous help from all those great folks on the forum back in 03 and 04!

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome (back)! This forum is relatively new, launched in early spring. I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions for addressing your exhaust question.

If you want to research it yourself, check out ffcars.com (formerly [email protected]). There is plenty of good information there, and still plenty of active members.

You'll have to post some pics of your Roadster (some things never change)!
    Coupe #497 delivered 7/29/10. Engine in on 10/1/10. Pushcart on 10/4/10. First start on 12/01/10. First go-cart on 12/31/10. Finished and on the road as of February 2012.
    Coupe Body Buck Plans - My Spray Booth - Painting Lessons Learned
    Build site: www.bamacoupe.blogspot.com
    Lots of build photos and some observations: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53614858@N05/

Post Thanks / Like
    I welded in a set of Classic Chambered Exhaust 28" mufflers. Much better sound - quieter, deepr, more mellow. I documented that upgrade on the other forum. do a search for "New Classic Chambered Mufflers" in the Roadsters section

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fact...-mufflers.html
    .boB "Iron Man"
    NASA Rocky Mountain, TTU #42, HPDE Instructor
    BDR 1642: Coyote, 6 Speed Auto, Edelbrock Supercharger
    Member: www.MileHiCobraClub.com
    www.RacingTheExocet.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back!!
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074