Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coolant hoses - service parts

Post Thanks / Like

Coolant hoses - service parts

I have a MK 3 from 2006 ish. It has a 2004 Mach 1 4.6l DOHC. The coolant hoses are drying up and need replacing but I have no idea who made them or where to buy replacement parts. Can I just use straight rad hose and cut sections? I tried searching and found a ton of build threads but nothing directly related. A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    They look like parts from a basic kit, you might check with factory five and see if they have them.
    Walt
    FFR8237 Donor build 89 GT , MK 4 , T5 , 17 " hallibrands 9" front 10.5 rear ,4×4 headers stainless mufflers, dual chrome roll bars, coil overs all 4,A/C and heater , soft top, 3:55 gears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just buy a straight hose from the auto parts store and cut the lengths you need. Every hose on my car just started out as a hose hanging in O'Reilly's back room.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I'll try that.

Post Thanks / Like
    IIRC those hose pieces are thicker than most hoses and came with internal spacers to fit things like the filler etc. I thought I had a set for you, but I must have pitched them with the hoses. I do have some of the spacers if you need them.

hose.JPG

Honestly, I would hang tight for a day or two, there is bound to be someone that has a set after upgrading to cool tubes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have some but located in Toronto, Canada. Shipping might be prohibitive for you. If you want them they are all yours, just pay shipping.
    Full disclosure I could never get them to seal, that’s why I upgraded to the cooltubes.
    They were picked up with the kit Feb 2017.
    2017 FFR MK4 9026, 3 Link, 15" FFR halibrands, cooper cobra tires, '88 302/5.0, GT40 Y303 heads, Performer RPM intake Manifold, Holley 650 DP Carb, Pertronix distributor, T5Z spec built transmission, 3.73 rear end. Ordered Nov 2016, picked up at FFR Feb 2017, first start July 2017, Legal on the road May 2018, still in Gelcoat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by murd View Post
    i have some but located in toronto, canada. Shipping might be prohibitive for you. If you want them they are all yours, just pay shipping.
    Full disclosure i could never get them to seal, that’s why i upgraded to the cooltubes.
    They were picked up with the kit feb 2017.
    road trip!!!!!!!
    FFR MKIV ordered 12 July 2019. IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 18" Wheels w/MT tires, power steering, EFI, Heat. 347 Dart w/TKO-600 by Mike Forte, Holley FI, MSD coil and CD box. All new, no donor build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murd View Post
    Full disclosure I could never get them to seal, that’s why I upgraded to the cooltubes.
    Same with me. Even after doing the rivet trick, I blew a hose before getting to the end of my 40ft driveway. They went, rather ceremoniously, in the bin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Boy, that is not sounding good. Looks like his held up fine. I have the corrugated hose on my Coyote, just go carted up till now. I did the pop rivet trick, just not confident now.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.