Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: OT -- A project has found me!

Post Thanks / Like

OT -- A project has found me!

My brother got a 59 Austin Healey Sprite when he was 13 or 14. Since he is 13 years older than me, he's had it basically since I was born.

Its been sitting in a barn or garage since about 1973-74. Has 40,000 original miles on it. He always meant to work on it, but life got in the way. Now he's moving across the country, so I bought it from him.
    Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Heirloom-Au...3370781047972/ Heirloom Austin

This will likely postpone my GTM aspirations, but I was likely going to wait a bit anyway to see if the new corvette became a donor for a new GTM.

20190902_185654.jpg
    20190903_194850.jpg
    20190903_190605.jpg
    20190903_111402.jpg

2. Likes FF33rod, LCD Gauges liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see what the problem is........ You have a loose wire over on the pass. Side (pic 3)! ��

Maybe start a off topic build thread to keep us posted on your progress!
    Mk3.1 347 AFR 205cc Heads A9L EFI siemens deca 60lb injectors MSD 6AL ignition Vortech V-3 3 Link PS/PB

-- If you can’t fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem ! —

4. Thanks Taz Rules thanked for this post
    "The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool project. I had a friend in High School that shoehorned an aluminum block Buick V-8 in one (forget the trans now but seems it was a 4-speed). A modern turbo inline-4 would be really hot. The wife's turbo 4-banger Mercedes will light up the tires at every stop light (only seems to happen when I'm drivin') -- very impressed with the power cuz that car is porky like most newer cars. Those Bug Eye Sprites are super light and just taunting you to make it into a hot rod. If you need any ideas on how to build this car into something very very unpractical, let me know. I still think Too Much Is Just Enough. But then again, I haven't grown up yet and doesn't look like I ever will.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

6. Thanks Taz Rules thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool project!
    I've seen quite a few of those on BringATrailer!
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome Taz. Now what's the plan Stan???

Ron
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I've got the engine out, got a couple of pieces of sheetmetal on order. Not going to start bodywork until weather warms up in the spring... too cold in the garage overnight to throw primer at it to protect the bare metal if I work it.

Going to tear down the mechanicals and replace all wiring and rubber bits, rebuild carbs, suspension etc over the winter.

If you want to follow it, I have a facebook page... https://www.facebook.com/Heirloom-Au...3370781047972/