Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Yokohama Advan A052?

Post Thanks / Like

Yokohama Advan A052?

Curious what people think of the Yokohama Advan A052 tires? I swear they didn't come up in my tire searches for FFR recommended sizes on the 18" Halibrand tires a month ago, but they are now. Maybe they are new? The 200 twr looks really nice compared to the Toyo Proxes. Thoughts?

Quick question: I just placed an order for 255/35 R18 fronts and 315/30 R18 rears — I think those are the sizes recommended for the 18" hali's by FFR— do you see any issues with the size?

Post Thanks / Like
    They were high on my list
    You may have seen this already: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests...y.jsp?ttid=242

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Steve! I hadn't seen that yet, but that, and a few YouTube video reviews sealed the deal.

Here they are in their mounted glory!

IMG-1729.JPGIMG-1728.JPGIMG-1727.JPG

4. Likes FF33rod, toadster liked this post
    25th Anniversary #9772 toadster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    just ordered a set for my roadster, won't be in till next week - they're in high demand!
    Todd
    25th Anniversary MkIV | #20 of 25 | Build #9772
    https://cobradreams.com/ <- my build!

6. Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Advan A052 is indeed a new tire, and it’s “THE” tire to have for autocross right now. Which is probably 90% of the reason you may have been having a hard time getting them. Now that 2019 nationals are over, the supply should be rising. For a while there, you couldn’t get them anywhere for any price. Guys were willing to spend double what they retail for, simply because without that tire they would be at a disadvantage. High praise for the new A052.

I haven’t experienced them personally yet, but I’m hearing they are very similar to the Bridgestone RE71R (the tire in the top spot that the Advan is now challenging). If you get the A052 on your FFR, be sure to report back your experiences.
    Logan's Gen 3 Coupe-R Build
    Ordered 4/23/19 | Delivered 6/29/19 | First Start 8/1/20 | First Drive 9/20/20

8. Thanks Aircontroller thanked for this post
    Likes Aircontroller, toadster liked this post