FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Custom Daytona Badges

Post Thanks / Like

Custom Daytona Badges

A while back, I bit the bullet and ordered some custom badges for my build. They were quite expensive, but I felt it was a good bang for the buck because they are so professional looking and immediately seen. I ordered 3. One for each fender in the typical decal location(curve to match the contour) and one for the dash. The fender badges have 3M tape on them and the dash badge is tapped for screws so there will be a little dimpling in the dash vinyl. I adapted the design from the decal design with a trim here and a tuck there. There is a limit to the billet process when it comes to tight gaps. Billet Badges makes high-quality products, but the turnaround time was about 5 months. I shopped around to have this made in chromed plastic. People were reluctant to do small batches. 50 was about the least I could order. They were in the same price range for 50, but I wasn't sure if they would really pop. No problem with the polished steel.

IMG_2821.JPG
    Gen 3 Coupe, Gen 2 Coyote, Wilwoods, IRS, Power Steering, AC JDAVIS500 Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty nice. Looks like they might have cast them?
    Mike

3. Thanks jdavis500 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    Pretty nice. Looks like they might have cast them?
    Mike
    Thanks, Mike. They were machined. It would be nice if there were a cast that I could keep in case others wanted copies.
    Gen 3 Coupe, Gen 2 Coyote, Wilwoods, IRS, Power Steering, AC JDAVIS500 Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    WoW! Look excellent!
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

6. Thanks jdavis500 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really nice touch!

8. Thanks jdavis500 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    They look amazing. Where did you get the font or EPS file to have them machine it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamacaroon View Post
    They look amazing. Where did you get the font or EPS file to have them machine it?
    I modified the outline of the original "Daytona" decal that you see on fenders and Billet Badges took the jpeg and went from there to make it 3D.