Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Weatherpacking the tail lights

Post Thanks / Like

Weatherpacking the tail lights

I think I've got this, but I want to be sure. The RF manual says "the tail lights can be set up so that one light does the brake, the other does the turn signal, and they both do the running lights." So in terms of using weatherpack connectors for that arrangement, I need to split off a wire on the ground, so there is a ground to each lamp obviously, and then split off a wire on the running lights wire and connect those to the red wires on the tail lamps. Then the brake wire goes to one lamp's green wire and the turn signal wire goes to the other lamp's green wire. Is that how everyone else did it, or are there variations to this setup? Also, do you make the top lamp the turn signal or the bottom one? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you got it. Here's a screenshot of one of Jeff Kleiner's post which I found very useful. I made my lowers the turn signals but there are variations.

63ACE0EB-AEF0-4DC2-A4B3-1E8DB736B739.png
    Last edited by RJD; 09-06-2019 at 07:32 PM.
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.