BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Oil/Coolant Temps

Post Thanks / Like

Oil/Coolant Temps

I've noticed my 2.0 engine is running pretty cool in both these areas. Oil I'm typically seeing 176*-194*F in. Not sure I've seen it get higher than that. Coolant I'm seeing 151*-165*. I'm assuming that the coolant is keeping the oil/engine from warming up since there is so much fluid in the system. The above temperatures are true after a mix of 50-60mph cruising and putting through a town at 30mph. The coolant temp is taken on the side exiting the engine (prior to radiator) and engine oil is taken at the bottom of the killer bee oil pan.

Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Metros,
    My oil temp is around the same as yours although more in the 190-195 region. Measuring from an adapter on the oil cooler.
    Coolant is running about 170-185 at cruising speed although I do spend a lot of time in rush hour traffic stop and go and it gets up to 205 when the fans kick in. Fans drop it back to 175-180 pretty quickly. Mine is stock water temp location.... can't remember where that was....
    I think you are good. If you let it idle for 15-20 mins it should get up to 205 and you should have the fans kicking in.
    Harley
    Bought 2002 Donor Jan 2014
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    My 2L track car engine also ran cool on both water and oil temp even on 100+* ambient days. 190-195 water and 225 oil were the norm. Other than the OE water to oil heat exchanger and additional oil capacity of the KB pan I didn't have an additional cooler. It would take about 20 minutes at idle to get to 205ish to kick on the fan.
    Last edited by Mitch Wright; 09-18-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Wright View Post
    My 2L track car engine also ran cool on both water and oil temp even on 100+* ambient days. 190-195 water and 225 oil were the norm. Other than the OE water to oil heat exchanger and additional oil capacity of the KB pan I didn't have an additional cooler. It would take about 20 minutes at idle to get to 205ish to kick on the fan.
    My 2.5L with custom radiator and marine oil/coolant with exchanger. ran the same numbers. My fan would stay off as long as I was out on the track. When coming it to the paddock after a session the fans would kick on right as I was parking.
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi: EJ257 making 320hp, dry sump with separate cooler, AWIC. 80F Ambient, very short track meaning no real long straights. AWIC 102F, Coolant 190-192F, Oil 205-215F

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing your data all. Puts my mind at ease a bit.