As I'm getting to all the finishing details, I was looking around the garage and spotted an unused piece of aluminum. I always considered making a fan shroud. I went to work and fabricated a shroud based on some of the pics I've seen here. When the fan needed to be put on it did not fit all the way down and ended up being about 1 1/2" above the rad. This meant I needed to close that up and after fabrication that looked pretty good. However (surprise surprise) it interfered with the hood. Made a modification that I was hoping would solve it but alas it didn't.
So now I have a dilemma because as I measured the clear space between the fan and the radiator if the fan sits where its supposed to, I only have 3/4" depth for the shroud. That seems marginal at best and I'm not sure that it will created enough flow across the entire radiator. Most shrouds seem about 1 1/2-2" deep.
I pondered cutting the slanted (exhaust) wall to create a pocket for the fan but my power steering rack tubing is right behind there so it will not allow for that.

Was hoping to use the 16" fan to keep cost at bay but may have to go with two smaller fans.

Thoughts...

Thanks,

John