Been a while since I’ve been posting couldn’t get on my old account johno250
I have been enjoying my roadster since 07 and it’s getting and got some updates along with a much needed dynotune. Finally got the opportunity to autocross and well let’s just say there’s plenty of room for improvement. It plows like a John Deere in the turns
The engine is great 248 rwhp and a torque curve that varies by 35lbs From a tweeked SOHC with Toyota reliability.
Here’s my question how much rubber can I get on for autocross without rubbing that I could swap for my road wheels
In the past I’ve had 295/50/15 rear 235/60/15 front on 10” & 7” wheels but had rubbing occasionally
But now run 275/50/15 and 225/60/15 finding good rubber in these sizes is tough so a switch to 17 at least is in order for autocross.
I have FFR lower control arms and sn95 front spindles in the rear an 87-93 rear with north’s axles brake calipers are 02 GT all around
I’m thinking maybe 245-5 up front on 17x 9” and the rears I’m not sure I’ve had 295 on 10s with slight rubbing issues. I think I would have a similar problem with 315 that comes in some wheel packages
Going to freshen the steering system with breeze offsets and a fresh rack flushing hydroboost fluid and adding an inline filter and going to DOT 3-4 back from DOT 5 in brake fluid.
And what’s the story with anti roll bars on these. Who has them are they worth it
Any rubber and tire recommendations appreciated