Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Paint Is On!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Paint Is On!!

I received a few pictures from Jeff Miller :bat: today, and it's Christmas in September!

Here is my MkIV as it was when I dropped it off to Jeff in July:

Here it is as he was finishing up body work:

The following pictures I received all today. First in sealer with the stripe color (BMW Titan Silver) sprayed:

Stripes masked off:

Primary color (Ford Magnetic Grey) laid down:

An finally, all unmasked with clear:

Jeff's off getting sloshy right now, most likely (not that he needs the help). Next will be sanding and polishing, and I can't wait to see it all mounted on the chassis! I'm really liking the color combination, and I think it's going to look amazing in the sun.

Thanks, Jeff, for the update and great work!

--Nathan
    Last edited by silver_pilate; 09-11-2019 at 09:41 PM.
    MKIV Complete Kit: 3-link, vintage gauges, glove-box dash, chrome roll bars, 17" wheels, B/T leather seats, Gas-N side pipes and headers; Drive train: Levy 408w w/carb, TKO600, Moser 8.8 with 3.55s and GT rear brakes; Paint: Jeff Miller Ford Magnetic Grey Metallic with BMW Titan Silver stripes
    Ordered: 4/5/16, Order completion: 5/14/16, Delivered: 5/24/16, First start: 6/22/19, Registered and legal: 10/28/19

2. Likes Edgeman, Straversi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just talked to Batty this morning while he was in the midst of laying out the stripes. He was still (somewhat) coherent----lucky for you

Nice combo!

Jeff

4. Likes SSNK4US liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great, i too like the color combo!!!
    Walt
    FFR8237 Donor build 89 GT , MK 4 , T5 , 17 " hallibrands 9" front 10.5 rear ,4×4 headers stainless mufflers, dual chrome roll bars, coil overs all 4,A/C and heater , soft top, 3:55 gears.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by silver_pilate View Post
    I received a few pictures from Jeff Miller :bat: today, and it's Christmas in September!

Here is my MkIV as it was when I dropped it off to Jeff in July:

Here it is as he was finishing up body work:

The following pictures I received all today. First in sealer with the stripe color (BMW Titan Silver) sprayed:

Stripes masked off:

Primary color (Ford Magnetic Grey) laid down:

An finally, all unmasked with clear:

Jeff's off getting sloshy right now, most likely (not that he needs the help). Next will be sanding and polishing, and I can't wait to see it all mounted on the chassis! I'm really liking the color combination, and I think it's going to look amazing in the sun.

Thanks, Jeff, for the update and great work!

--Nathan
    Just curious, how much did it cost?
    Mk4 Complete kit with IRS, IRS brakes, Power Steering, 302 mounts, 302 headers, TKO, 2 Rollbars, Leather seats,
    vintage gauges, polished stainless sidepipes, front and rear sway bars, all cutouts.
    Blueprint Engines 347 stroker; Tremec TKO 600; 3.55 IRS, 17" Bullitt wheels: 9" front 10.5" rear.
    Delivered Nov. 6, 2018. First start Aug. 11, 2019. First Go-Cart Feb. 21, 2020.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice!
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks awesome! Nice color choice.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent.
    MKIV Complete Kit: 3-link, vintage gauges, glove-box dash, chrome roll bars, 17" wheels, B/T leather seats, Gas-N side pipes and headers; Drive train: Levy 408w w/carb, TKO600, Moser 8.8 with 3.55s and GT rear brakes; Paint: Jeff Miller Ford Magnetic Grey Metallic with BMW Titan Silver stripes
    Ordered: 4/5/16, Order completion: 5/14/16, Delivered: 5/24/16, First start: 6/22/19, Registered and legal: 10/28/19