Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Kinda Sorta Almost legal

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda Sorta Almost legal

The package just went off to the Illinois Secretary of State. With some last minute help from Ducky2009, I got the wipers finished this afternoon, took the requisite four photos, finished up the "package" and zipped over to the Post Office. Now we wait. They say four to six weeks, so maybe I'll be driving in gelcoat by the end of July? We'll see!

Hey, maybe I can actually update my build log now. Depending on timing, weather and all that, maybe I'll be able to drive it to Jeff Kleiner! (5 hours, give or take)
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

2. Likes Jkviper, Ducky2009 liked this post

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yeaaaaa Buddddddy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Looks good in gelcoat!
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good!
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a nice looking ride, and it will look much better with a tab hanging on the back.
    If I had to place I bet I'll bet you're going to be enjoying red gel coat for a while
    Good luck with papers....

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great! You’ll have to let me how it goes. Hoping to register mine this fall. I see you are in Wheaton about an hour south of me. I would love to get a group together from the area. I believe there are at least 4-5 on this forum within a 30 mile radius of me.
    MKIV #9542 Complete Kit, Coyote, IRS - Delivered - 2/19/19, First start - 9/8/19, Go Cart - 9/14/19
    1965 Mustang Convertible 4v 289
    Build Thread HERE

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Al
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Mine goes out for inspection on Monday as well, we can race to see whose state’s process is the fastest.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Florida will be hard to beat. <45 minutes in with paperwork, out with tags in hand. My friend made it in 30 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche325 View Post
    I think Florida will be hard to beat. <45 minutes in with paperwork, out with tags in hand. My friend made it in 30 minutes.
    and your taxes are lower, too!
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    Update: It's legal! Got my plates while I was out of town and they're on now. Got a few bugs to work out - MIL light, speedo needs to be set, fuse that keeps popping - stuff like that. Well, at least I hope it's small stuff. Bottom line - we're on the road! I'll hook up the OBD II reader this afternoon. I need to figure out why my parking lights, courtesy light and gauge lights don't go on, but my headlights do. Got a more detailed schematic than the RF book??? In the "what I'd do differently" section, I wish I had done a better job of adjusting the shoulder harnesses prior to putting the body on. The straps are currently better suited for somebody that weighs 3 times as much as I do. I have to make the adjustments from the trunk, which will be a pain. Oh well, onward!

Post Thanks / Like
    You're legal. That's all that matters. You're never done working on it, but now you can take it for longer drives as you build your confidence. Enjoy it. I'm at the exact same point. Gelcoat and legal.

Scott
    Built FFR9457. 351 Windsor, TKO600, 3.73. Fitech EFI. Russ Thompson throttle pedal, turn signal, and trunk pan. Carbon Fiber dash with Speedhut Revolution gauges. Paint by Jeff Kleiner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_C View Post
    Update: It's legal! Got my plates while I was out of town and they're on now. Got a few bugs to work out - MIL light, speedo needs to be set, fuse that keeps popping - stuff like that. Well, at least I hope it's small stuff. Bottom line - we're on the road! I'll hook up the OBD II reader this afternoon. I need to figure out why my parking lights, courtesy light and gauge lights don't go on, but my headlights do. Got a more detailed schematic than the RF book??? In the "what I'd do differently" section, I wish I had done a better job of adjusting the shoulder harnesses prior to putting the body on. The straps are currently better suited for somebody that weighs 3 times as much as I do. I have to make the adjustments from the trunk, which will be a pain. Oh well, onward!
    Al,

Congrats! We'll have to meet up. I'm up to 1,160 miles so far. Still working out bugs here and there.

Plates.jpg

Steve
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Al. Do you plan to drive a while before paint? Are you painting with the body on or off the frame? I drove 500 miles and discovered a few things I later changed.... Painted with the body off and made changes then.

ENJOY!
    MK4 Build #9035 Delivered 2/17/17, First Start & Go-Kart 6/2/17, Licensed 9/1/17
    Paint - Lightning Blue Metallic, No Hood Scoop, No Stripes
    Gen 2 Coyote Engine & TKO-600. Solid Axle, 8.8-3.55, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Roll Bars
    Heater and Glove Box, Drop Trunk, Wipers, Radio, FFR Vintage Gauges, Custom Dash
    Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-Build-9035

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky2009 View Post
    Congrats Al. Do you plan to drive a while before paint? Are you painting with the body on or off the frame? I drove 500 miles and discovered a few things I later changed.... Painted with the body off and made changes then.

ENJOY!
    I'm bringing her to Jeff K in Bloomington, IN mid-October. That is, assuming the weather holds...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_C View Post
    Great looking car. Congrats!