Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2020 London Cobra Show

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rich grsc View Post
    Hey Jeff, just a heads up, looks like the St. Louis group is coming 'enmasse' .
    Well, it's a new hotel this time which means a new challenge for you guys---getting thrown out of this one! I know you're all ready to take it on

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking forward to going. Lots can happen between now and then. We were there once before, on '08 I think. Had a great time.
    .boB "Iron Man"
    NASA Rocky Mountain, TTU #42, HPDE Instructor
    BDR 1642: Coyote, 6 Speed Auto, Edelbrock Supercharger
    Member: www.MileHiCobraClub.com
    www.RacingTheExocet.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Well, it's a new hotel this time which means a new challenge for you guys---getting thrown out of this one! I know you're all ready to take it on

Jeff
    I've been told ' no golf carts up on two wheels',

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post

Jeff
    I am surprised that no one got thrown out last year. I think that all of their "Rules" that were posted on the walls of the elevators and hallways were broken within the first few hours.
    MK2 #3319.... On the road since 2002 with a lot of upgrades

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we didn't really get thrown out, just told we where not to return next year. I don't get it, no one died, no one even got hurt much, and the hotel didn't even catch on fire. Not even a little bit. The golf cart was fine too, just a little touchup paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember a few years back... we waited at the Wendy’s in Indy. We had to get going because the rain was about to hit us. As we pulled out, you all came up the exit! Perhaps we’ll have better luck this year!
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rich grsc View Post
    I've been told ' no golf carts up on two wheels',
    there’s NO fun in that!!
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey Steno, look forwarding to seeing you again! Hopefully under drier circumstances.
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MPTech View Post
    Hey Steno, look forwarding to seeing you again! Hopefully under drier circumstances.
    I hope you bring that party trailer too!

10. Likes MPTech liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also have reserved a room, this will be our first time,and looking forward to it!
    Walt
    FFR8237 Donor build 89 GT , MK 4 , T5 , 17 " hallibrands 9" front 10.5 rear ,4×4 headers stainless mufflers, dual chrome roll bars, coil overs all 4,A/C and heater , soft top, 3:55 gears.

Post Thanks / Like
    I booked my room!

I attended back in 2010, and this year will be coming with a car, sadly its not my own. I'll be representing the National Auto and Truck Museum in Auburn, IN. I'm bringing our Essex Cobra. This car, to my understanding, was built By Essex Wire (in Fort Wayne, IN) sometime after the original car 'went missing'?

Will there be a place for Trailers?

Really looking forward to visiting again!

essex cobra.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakely View Post
    Will there be a place for Trailers?
    Assuming the setup is the same as last year at the Crowne Plaza, shouldn't be an issue. I'm guessing it will be. The trailers were parked around the perimeter of the reserved areas for our cars. Very accessible and easy to use as a garage in case of inclement weather. A bunch of us did that.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Snakely;382749]Will there be a place for Trailers?[QUOTE]

Should not be a problem with trailers. The Marriott has a large parking lot. The hotel has also said they will work with the company that has an office directly across the street from the Marriott for us to use their lot for overflow, if needed. That office has a small work force but a very large parking lost that is not used much.

See you in 2020.

Roy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Are there any RV parks in the area?
    Walt
    Hi Walt:

Not an RV'er and live 1 1/2 hours from Dublin/London. Asked those club members that live over there for recommendations and were given the following 2 RV parks:

https://pastime-park.business.site/

https://altonrvpark.com/

Don't know anything more about them. You might check YELP out and see what others have to say about these parks.

Roy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Roy, we couldnt find any that seemed close so we booked a room.
    Thanks for the info.
    Walt
    FFR8237 Donor build 89 GT , MK 4 , T5 , 17 " hallibrands 9" front 10.5 rear ,4×4 headers stainless mufflers, dual chrome roll bars, coil overs all 4,A/C and heater , soft top, 3:55 gears.

Post Thanks / Like
    I called as the online looked like only two doubles

MARIAH is reserved for 25-27 for a King at the $119+ rate. 7 day cancellation without penalty.
    Last LCS was probably 10 years ago.
    I've noticed a lot more road rash during her baths, but she still LOVES to travel.
    PHILLIP, They call the wind MARIAH.
    "Against all enemies, foreign and domestic"
    Marines lend an air of dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. FFR#3175, Wimbledon/Guardsman, 302 Carb, CobraEarl's Footbox & Touring Trunk, Snapless Tonneau Cover, fabricated Luggage Rack, Whitby Hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like

2020 London Cobra Show Registration

The LCS website is ready for you to register for the 2020 London Cobra Show. This will be the 20th anniversary of the Double Venom Spring Fling/London Cobra Show or DVSF/LCS. The 2020 LCS is shaping up to be the best one yet, great times and friendships, a Cobra raffle, popular autocross, exciting cruises, and tours, as well as some great, nationally known speakers - all to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Information on Mid-Ohio track days will be available later.

Quite a few individuals that have never been to an LCS have indicated they will be attending this year, as well as several “old-timers” from the early days of DVSF/LCS. It is going to be fun and you don’t want to miss the 2020 show. If you have never been to LCS, then this is the one you need to attend.

When registering for the show, don’t forget to also register for your hotel as well. When making your hotel reservation, please request the London Cobra Show nightly rate of $119.00 plus tax. Please note that this rate applies until our block of rooms has been reserved or through June 3, 2020, whichever comes first, after that time, the special rate will no longer apply and the rate will be whatever the hotel has available. Please reserve your room early so that you will not be disappointed by having to pay a higher nightly rate or to stay at a different hotel.

To register, go to www.londoncobrashow.com

Hope to see you in June.

Roy Edgar
    Last edited by Roy Edgar; 11-01-2019 at 02:13 PM.

19. Thanks 65 Cobra Dude thanked for this post
    Likes Boydster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Just tried to register to no avail. Contacted Roy and his guys are on it. Should be a blast in 2020!!!

Henry

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy 2020 London Cobra Show Registration

It seems we have some type of problem with our online store that will not recognize credit cards. We will let everyone know when the problem is solved, so you may register for the show.

Thanks Henry for letting us know we have a problem.

Roy Edgar

22. Likes 65 Cobra Dude liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Edgar View Post
    It seems we have some type of problem with our online store that will not recognize credit cards. We will let everyone know when the problem is solved, so you may register for the show.

Thanks Henry for letting us know we have a problem.

Roy Edgar

The “problem” with the London Cobra Show’s website has been found and corrected and is now working correctly.

To visit the website, please go to https://londoncobrashow.com/ where you may take a chance on winning Serial #1 of FFR’s 25th anniversary MK IV Roadsters and/or sign up for the 20th anniversary of the DVSF/LCS – it is shaping up to be the best one yet.

Roy

Post Thanks / Like
    Confirmed, it now works. All signed up... the whole shebang.
    Last edited by Boydster; 11-07-2019 at 07:58 PM.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m good to go!! Rooms and registration!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm all set as well. Thanks Roy and see you in June!!!

Thx,

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Registered! haven't received a confirmation email yet, but i'm sure it will come around.

-Travis

Post Thanks / Like
    A BIG thank you to the following members of the forum that have purchased raffle tickets for the 2020 London Cobra Show’s raffle car, a very unique and collectible Cobra replica – Serial #1 or Factory Five’s 25th Anniversary kits:

David from Lilburn, GA
    Joe from Ancaster, Canada
    Richard from Jackson, NJ
    Travis from Auburn, IN
    Craig from State College, PA
    Jeff from Wake Forest, NC
    John from Fleming Island, FL
    Brian from Irvin, CA
    Jeffery from Champlin, MN
    Allen from Reisterstown,
    Audie from Rochester, NY
    Jens from Bellingham, MA
    Harry from Little Compton, RI
    Doug from Greeley, CO

Miss Jennifer "Jenny" Smith, CF Fighter and the daughter of Dave Smith, owner of Factory Five Racing, suffering from cystic fibrosis is the reason the net proceeds from our DVSF/London Cobra Show’s raffles have always been donated to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and designated for research. Jenny will be speaking at the show’s Saturday night dinner about how she has grown up with cystic fibrosis and how it has affected her life. She is currently a junior at North Carolina State University at Raleigh, NC, majoring in computer science.

https://londoncobrashow.com/tickets to purchase raffle tickets.

https://londoncobrashow.com/registrationto register for the show.

Hope to see you in June – it is going to be the best London Cobra Show yet!

Roy from Springboro

29. Thanks ydousurf thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another first timer! My wife and I are registered for the show and the hotel. Looking forward to it!
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_C View Post
    Another first timer! My wife and I are registered for the show and the hotel. Looking forward to it!
    Hi Al
    Are you driving or trailering down?
    Several of us meet at the Oasis on I-294 near Hinsdale, then pick up another just across the Indiana border, then if weather permits, pick up sever people with Jeff Kleiner in Indianapolis.
    Some years it's quite a convoy by the end and a lot of fun.
    On rainy days....every man for himself. ha.

I'm east of you in La Grange Park. Perhaps we could meet up before London. People are always up for a weekend cruise.

Craig

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abdw-wcw View Post
    Hi Al
    Are you driving or trailering down?
    Several of us meet at the Oasis on I-294 near Hinsdale, then pick up another just across the Indiana border, then if weather permits, pick up sever people with Jeff Kleiner in Indianapolis.
    Some years it's quite a convoy by the end and a lot of fun.
    On rainy days....every man for himself. ha.

I'm east of you in La Grange Park. Perhaps we could meet up before London. People are always up for a weekend cruise.

Craig
    Craig,

We plan on driving (not trailering). I'll reach out via PM.
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! The more the merrier!��

Post Thanks / Like
    AI_C and Steno - Working hard to get my car finished and hopefully off to paint in time to drive down this Summer. Would love to meet up and head down together.
    MKIV #9542 Complete Kit, Coyote, IRS - Delivered - 2/19/19, First start - 9/8/19, Go Cart - 9/14/19
    1965 Mustang Convertible 4v 289
    Build Thread HERE

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzzz View Post
    AI_C and Steno - Working hard to get my car finished and hopefully off to paint in time to drive down this Summer. Would love to meet up and head down together.
    Keep us posted - it should be fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sten, Craig and all,
    It's sounding like we may need to tell the Wendys to save more tables next year. And also request that they not mop the floor before our arrival---somebody is gonna' break a hip!

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Jeff & Sten,
    We've got a caravan heading up from St. Louis (Gateway Cobra Club) again this year, haven't finalized our plans yet, but let me know what you guys are doing and we'll try to make it work. Looking forward to seeing you guys again!
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Please keep me informed. I might be passing through St. Louis on my there. Haven't finalized my plans yet. Might drive, might trailer.
    .boB "Iron Man"
    NASA Rocky Mountain, TTU #42, HPDE Instructor
    BDR 1642: Coyote, 6 Speed Auto, Edelbrock Supercharger
    Member: www.MileHiCobraClub.com
    www.RacingTheExocet.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats good to hear Bob, looking forward to meeting up again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my reservations. I'll be flying in from Las Vegas. I've always wanted to visit the Air Force Museum in Dayton, so I'll be going there before or after the LCS.

Can I drive my rental car in the parade while making loud exhaust sounds???

Terry
    MK IV Build #9659, 3 link, 17's, Forte 347, Sniper EFI, power steering, built for a freak sized person with 17" Kirkey Vintage seats, RT drop trunk, RT turn signal, lots of stuff from Breeze Automotive, Wilwood brakes, paint by Jeff Miller

Post Thanks / Like
    That museum is amazing!

Post Thanks / Like
    The Holidays are here and we wish you and your family happy holidays.

London Cobra Show
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the museum is one of the cruises during the show!

Post Thanks / Like
    A BIG thank you to the following members of the forum that have recently purchased raffle tickets for the 2020 London Cobra Show’s raffle car, a very unique and collectible Cobra replica – Serial #1 or Factory Five’s 25th Anniversary kits:

Richard from Muskegum, MI
    Patricia from Washington, DC
    Scott from Toronto, OH
    Trevor from Mt. Airy, MD
    Mark from Pasadena, FL
    Craig from La Crosse, WI
    Evie from Langley, BC
    Boyd from Glen Burnie, NC
    Henry from Lansing, NY
    David from Tucson, AZ
    Bob from Colorado Spring, CO
    William from Raleigh, NC
    Frank from Laurel, MD
    William from Hillsbourgh, NJ
    Jordon from Orion Township, MI
    Thor from Wexford, PA
    Terry from White Lake, MI
    Nick from Waynesville, OH
    Matthew from Leo, IN
    Robert from Eagle, ID
    Kevin from Vancouver, WA
    Andrew from Breckenridge, CO
    Richard from Wexford, PA
    Gary from Edmonds, WA
    Peter from Crestone, CO
    Thomas from Brockton, MA
    James from Warsaw, IN
    Chuck from Conklin, MI
    David from Stevensville, MD
    Kobus from Dinuba, CA
    Terry from Las Vegas, NV
    Mark from Punta Gorda, FL
    Richard from O’Fallon, MO
    Vince from Minster, OH
    John from Reistestown, MA
    Allen from Camarillo, CA

In addition to Jenny Smith, other speakers for our Saturday evening dinner will be:
    Mr. Marc Ginsky, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
    Jo Coddington, Industry Spokesperson / TV Personality
    and
    Mr. Stacey David, Custom Car Builder / TV Personality

https://londoncobrashow.com/tickets to purchase raffle tickets.

https://londoncobrashow.com/registrationto register for the show.

Almost exactly one half of those already registered for the show have never been to a London Cobra Show before. 2020 LCS will be a great chance to meet new Cobra friends.

Hope to see you in June – it is going to be the best London Cobra Show yet!

Roy from Springboro

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast