I recently finished an MK4 for a customer who lives in Tampa. In the past I have had most of my kits titled in the Ocala Regional Department of Motorist Services and as long as the COO states it is a replica of a 1965, 1933 or 1935 vehicle the car/truck was titled that way. Now Ocala can only title cars that the owner lives in Ocala's 6 county area. Not the case for my Tampa guy. Tampa will not issue a title for a 1965 only a 2019 as is was the sale date of the kit. It seems each DMV office has their own interpretation on the rules. Just make sure you contact your local regional office before you buy your kit to make sure you know how it is going to go for you. Lucky for me Ocala is very Kit car builder friendly. I have had calls from folks in South Florida getting their cars titled. Do yourself a favor and do your homework, treat folks with respect and maintain courteous nature when talking to them. Just my 2-cents worth. Hope this helps someone. Here is the replica statement from FLDMV.

http://www3.flhsmv.gov/dmv/Proc/TL/TL-48.PDF