Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Bike Fenders Clearance

Post Thanks / Like

Bike Fenders Clearance

I have Dan Ruth's Fenders with FFR Brackets. The Fenders and Brackets are contacting Control Arms. I have seen this on other Posts. I think I have the options are adding Steering Stops, or moving Wheels further out with Wheel Spacers. I have also seen machining down the Bracket Arms. Before I do something, I thought better to ask before proceeding. Best Options??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FFR Hot Rod #1106

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.amazon.com/1979-2004-Mus...s%2C226&sr=8-1

Mustang steering rack limiters. Problem solved!
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Larry
    I was just looking at this yesterday. Lock to lock without the fenders on has the tires about 1/2" from the arms so when I add the fenders I'll be in the same position as you. I'm going to the route Naz and others have suggested

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    I should have added the number of spacers I used. Seems I bought three kits of 6ea and used most of them. If I recall, it took more on the right side than the left but that was more than a week ago. Probably should have written that down somewhere (or maybe I did) as I can hide my own Easter eggs now.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

5. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Naz. I assume that will not decrease my Turning Radius much??
    FFR Hot Rod #1106

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine still turns a small enough radius that I don't remember ever having to stop and back then turn again. Then again, the fender contact really is the limiting factor not the stops.

When I went to skinnys on the front full time I could have removed the spacers but haven't seen a need to yet. You should be fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    These are what I used (don't have the same exact set-up), but I used two on each side...

https://www.cjponyparts.com/steering...BoCrtcQAvD_BwE
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/