BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 35 truck side panels

Post Thanks / Like

35 truck side panels

Hello All,

Anyone know of a good thread on side panel installation? Looks like there is a trick to it. Also, a good thread on the bed install. Mine looks like it will need lot of trimming at the front of the bed to the cab. Also, I have my cab over the firewall, I think it goes behind the firewall, correct?

Coyt does start and run now. Just need to do wiring for the fan and figure out something on the radiator hoses. Do not like the one that comes with it. Ours had two leaks in it when we installed the radiator hose. The off to try to get body on correct.

Zach

Post Thanks / Like
    Zach , Yes the cab goes behind the firewall or butts up to it. The quarter panels what I did was start at the front just behind the cab. I mounted there first, it actually bolts inside the cab. I leveled my gap with the cab and quarter vertically then mounted the rear of the quarter second. The middle mount I had to bang out the mount area on the frame to meet the quarter or use shims if you prefer. Hope this helps ? And can get you going in some direction. Rob
    FFR 35 p/u # 0016 Dart 347 TKO 600

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Robodent View Post
    Zach , Yes the cab goes behind the firewall or butts up to it. The quarter panels what I did was start at the front just behind the cab. I mounted there first, it actually bolts inside the cab. I leveled my gap with the cab and quarter vertically then mounted the rear of the quarter second. The middle mount I had to bang out the mount area on the frame to meet the quarter or use shims if you prefer. Hope this helps ? And can get you going in some direction. Rob
    Thank you. I will try.