Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: E-Brake MK4 Question

Post Thanks / Like

E-Brake MK4 Question

I finished installing the e-brake on my MK4 build using the standard FFR set-up. Seemed like it went in fine per instructions and I have good tension on the cables and pulls on the torsion springs when the handle is pulled. My question (concern) is that it doesn't appear that the calipers engage (no movement at all) when the brake is engaged. I haven't installed my brake lines yet so there's no fluid, but my assumption was that the spring mechanically actuates the calipers. Just concerned that I may have something wrong with my brake install. Any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    The brakes need to be fully installed and the rear brake adjusting procedure done before the park brake works properly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the quick reply. That's a relief.

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't mention if you're using Wilwood's or not, but if you are, DON'T ACTUATE THE PARKING BRAKE SPRING MECHANISM! Each actuation ratchets the piston a little further outward, to the point (1) you can't get the caliper with pads installed over the rotor, and (2) the piston pops out of its spiral track & you have to send it to Wilwood to get reinstalled.

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    The brakes need to be fully installed and 'bled' before using and an adjusting the parking brake.

6. Likes RBachman liked this post