Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Tripple Reservoir?

Post Thanks / Like

Tripple Reservoir?

In my sixty sears of driving mostly sticks and all but one with hydraulic brakes, I have never had a catastrophic hydraulic failure; lot of leaky ones but no failures. So, it seems to me, the one reservoir / master is like having one spare for each tire - would it totally irresponsible to have only one reservoir? Makes for a much cleaner Firewall (I hate the HVAC plumbing) If one system fails it won't affect the other two even if the reservoir runs dry (not immediately) and if anything is leaking I'm parked til it gets fixed
    Attachment 141563

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VIRGIN MIKE View Post
    In my sixty sears of driving mostly sticks and all but one with hydraulic brakes, I have never had a catastrophic hydraulic failure; lot of leaky ones but no failures. So, it seems to me, the one reservoir / master is like having one spare for each tire - would it totally irresponsible to have only one reservoir? Makes for a much cleaner Firewall (I hate the HVAC plumbing) If one system fails it won't affect the other two even if the reservoir runs dry (not immediately) and if anything is leaking I'm parked til it gets fixed
    Attachment 141563
    I found this out after helping a friend with a major braking issue.
    My pal Heath lost pressure in the rear and was running a single reservoir and this caused a near-complete failure.
    Because the two MC's were daisy-chained together, the air entered the Rear MC and made it's way over to the Front AC.
    Please know that I didn't figure it out on my own and had to make a quick call to Henry Renard (65 Cobra Dude) who gave us the knowledge we needed to correct the issue.

Running individual reservoirs will keep Master Cylinders isolated thus reducing the chance of failure since the plumbing systems are separated.
    I'm running a Tilton Triple Reservoir in Redbone and have the largest feeding the Front MC, medium feeding the Rear MC, with the smallest feeding my Clutch MC.
    Shown below is the unit that I'm using:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/til-72-576

Hope This Helps!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 01-28-2021 at 10:24 AM.

3. Likes Fman liked this post