FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Door hinge bracket help needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Door hinge bracket help needed.

I am starting the door mounting process. I have had the cab off and on a number times now and understand why the cardboard shields are on the roll cage. The fit is tight.

With the cab off, I am installing the brackets to the frame that the doors attach to. It appears to me that the cab will be very difficult to install with the brackets on the frame. It did not appear the brackets can be mounted with the cab on; and with the cab off, they sure stick out from the frame. The only help in the manual is to mount loosely and move inward to not interfere with body mounting.

For those of you that have done this, what advice do you have? Mount brackets with cab off, somehow mount brackets with cab on, or what? The cab, particularly the back side, does not appear flexible enough to pull out the sides enough to get over the brackets.

Ralph

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just put the front brackets on before the body, not the rear. The doors are the hardest part, IMO. They will test your patience for sure. You can remove the front ones with the body on but it is very difficult to reinstall.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, you can install the rears after the body is on? But, you somehow have to put the body on with the fronts installed.
    Something seems odd if you are supposed to fit and install the doors if you can’t get the brackets installed first.
    Let the journey continue.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    I just put the front brackets on before the body, not the rear. The doors are the hardest part, IMO. They will test your patience for sure. You can remove the front ones with the body on but it is very difficult to reinstall.
    You still put the brackets on. It is Ok to do it either way. You can't set up the doors without the brackets. Sorry if I got you confused.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cab goes on pretty easy with the front brackets on. just go slow

Post Thanks / Like
    So, I will try to put the body on with the fronts installed, and hopefully be able to get the rears on after body is installed.
    The rears seem to stick out a lot farther than the fronts, and I cannot see them clearing the body when dropping it on.

Thanks, Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    Ralph,

front and rear will clear