Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pirelli P600 Tire

Post Thanks / Like

Pirelli P600 Tire

Anybody running these P600's performance tires on their roadster? Care to share what you think of them?

Certainly not easy on the pocketbook, but still available in a 15", and have a higher speed rating then most other 15", so called performance tires.
    I'd jump back into the Yokohama Avids I have currently in a heartbeat, but Yokohama are no longer making 15" size..
    FFR6803RD, MK 3.1, 302 EFI, fr/rr disc brakes, WC-T5, c/w Hurst Competition Plus shifter, 3 link rear, Koni adjustable coil over shocks, dual roll bars, BBK 4-4 headers, 3.55 rear gears, BBK rear lower control arms c/w poly bushings. Ivy Green Metallic Arrived-02/08, On road 09/2010

Post Thanks / Like
    I see that the only size available is 235/60-15. That's smaller than most like to run in back.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    look at these.
    https://mickeythompsontires.com/stre.../sportsman-s-r
    26x10 front and 26x12 rear
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the wider rear axle, so was concerned about the width I could use on the rears. Plus the rim width is limited to what they will accept.
    The 235/60-15 Yoko's I am running currently, have no issues. No body rubbing even over speed-bumps with a passenger. and a full tank of fuel. If I roll on the power, rather than stomping on it, and don't slap shift into 2nd, tire spin hasn't been a concern. Probably want something wider if i was drag racing mind you. The car feels balanced, and handles wonderfully through tight winding roads.
    It looks like Cooper Cobra's is another choice available in the 15". I run the Pirelli's on my 1980 Malibu, and have been pleased with them, but was curious how they may be on a roadster, being it's a whole different class of vehicle.