Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Driveshaft dimension

Post Thanks / Like

Driveshaft dimension

Hi everyone,
    I'm currently building a truck with a 2.3L ecoboost and MT-82 transmission. Right now I have the engine and trans mocked up in the chasis with the oil pan flush with the bottom of the chasis and as forward as possible to improve footroom. I have some questions.
    With the V8 build's is engine oil pan flush with the chasis?
    Can someone take a measurement of the transmission output shaft center to the floor or to other reference point in the chasis? I need this to figure out the Mt-82 mounting brace to the chassis. I attempted to post pics but I do not have privileges yet.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Agapo; 09-22-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately my motor and trans are still on a stand so I cannot help but I am interested to see how this turns out.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's all in now, I modified the V8 mounts by flipping them 180° cutting the top and adding a piece of plate to make it into a horizontal shelf kind of like the OEM mustang. Then used 2 hockey pucks on each side as bushing for now. Need to see if the aftermarket ecoboost urethane mounts are the same height. I used the trans bracket that came with the kit (flipped and moved all the way forward and added two holes to mate with the mt-82 boomba racing trans mount that limits movement. I'm also using the MGW MT-82 6.5 inch conversion shifter. Overall it sits higher but the shifter is in the right place and I will be able to shrink the tunnel nicely, but will also need to make my own top cover for it.

4. Likes AJT '33, ztoolman44 liked this post