Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Speed Hut Guages

Post Thanks / Like

Speed Hut Guages

Does anyone know how to get a new push button 3.5mm to configure the guages? Speed hut wants $9 for the cable... which I am ok with, but they want $14 in shipping.

There has to be something on eBay or Amazon that I am not finding.

X

Post Thanks / Like
    Back in the day after a short trip to Radio Shack for a couple bucks you could make them. I've done several. It's just a 1/8-inch stereo mini-plug, a cheap momentary switch, and a couple pieces of shrink sleeving. I forget which two wires they're connecting, but it's easy to buzz out an existing one and find out. If you can scrounge out the parts elsewhere, super easy to make.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ed. I’ll do that. I know I’ve got lots of extras.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have speedhut gauges and I have a question. As I understand it, the switch you are referencing is only used for gauge setup. Am I correct? If so, do you just disconnect the switch & store it after setup?

Post Thanks / Like
    Shirley you wouldn’t mount the switch along side the gauge. Shirley?

Post Thanks / Like
    The speedo gauge needs the button to reset the trip meter as well as to cycle through the various modes and functions it has. The clock will need to be set any time the battery is disconnected or for time adjustments for daylight savings, etc.

You don't want to be fumbling around with your hand shoved up behind the dash trying to plug the switch into the back of the gauges. You really need at least two of the switches to have access to the commonly needed/used functions.

I mounted the switch for the speedo along with the gauge dimmer in a dash support under the dash. I mounted the one for the clock in my glove box.
    Last edited by Papa; 09-28-2019 at 08:44 AM.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Papa. I knew there had to be a good reason for them sending out a switch for each gauge. Just glad I didn’t drill & mount them on the face of my beautiful engine-turned dash panel.