FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New - Old Member

Post Thanks / Like

New - Old Member

Hi Folks.

I have been lurking around for years and joined back 2014. No post. just watching all the great builds and the exciting community on the various cars. In 2017, during a 3000 mile motorcycle ride, I made it a point to drop into FF and take the tour. The tour and the cars were awesome and it made up for the bad traffic as we were hustling up north past Boston. I wanted to build one then. I want to build one now. Psst The RED bike is mine.

Life is in the way. I split my time between MD outside of Washington DC and Vero Beach FL. Vero beach is part of the treasure coast and between Orlando and West Palm. DC area is fast and crazy. Vero is slow and cozy. I work for company in DC, can do my job anywhere, and travel a bit. My father is 90 and nearby in Virginia and so is my brother. My son and his family are in Vero and so are 4 grand kids. Well three as our oldest Alex is 20 and in the Army. Proud of that young man.

My goal is a 2-5 year plan for retirement and will build a roadster in Vero. When I retire I'll probably take off on the bike for 2 months and tag the great northwest states, hit all the great national parks and forest there - especially Utah, and close out tagging all 50 states. I can then focus on a roaster and slow down my roll on 2 wheels and speed up on 4.

In the meantime I am in Germantown Md outside of DC, close to Baltimore, and northern VA. I grew up in Va and ran all around there. If anyone needs a hand with heavy lifting or spotting, and your nearby, then reach out and i'll try and pitch in. I am fairly mechanical, just not on building a car. But certainly want to learn.

Cheers. Tom. aka "TDube".

FF1.jpgFF2.jpgFF3.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forum Tom!

A trip to mecca is always a great time; glad you got to scratch that off the ol' bucket list!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)